Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stroke now, Stroke later

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stroke now, Stroke later

Heya guys, just waiting on my Evo 7 to get out of the panel and paint (somebody decided to drive over my front end with his trailer) then getting my new parts installed, I have all the parts for my 2.3 stroker and FP Red installation, but I am trying to decide whether to have my turbo, GSC S2 cams, Valve spring retainers, FIC 950cc injector, timing belt and tune installed now and when i get the extra cash continue with the stroker and internals, or just wait and do it all together? What kind of differences do you think I would experience with the internals and stroker and the cost, besides the torque of course.

Long winded but appreciate the feedback, cheers guys.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
Account Disabled

Might as well put it all together and do it all one time. I would hate to have to pull the motor again and have the down time again when you can just wait a little while and wait to get what is left and needed to put it back together the way you want it.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:31 PM

i thought for cam installs tho it was a matter of removing the head, not the whole motor? but i know it would be cheaper to have the cams installed whiles the motor is out, i would of thought down time for cam and turbo install would be significantly less then complete rebuild??
Old Nov 23, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RSEVO747
i thought for cam installs tho it was a matter of removing the head, not the whole motor? but i know it would be cheaper to have the cams installed whiles the motor is out, i would of thought down time for cam and turbo install would be significantly less then complete rebuild??
Head does not need to be taken off to put cams in.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Do it all together. piecing things together often becomes a head ache, and you cant half half the parts to their full potential anyways.

Just wait. You will appreciate the car much more when its complete.