Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Idle Concern

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle Concern

Last night I was messing with my battery terminal clamps trying to get them to fit more snug. While I was doing so the negative cable clamp accidently touch the terminal a few times, and the headlights turned on... I thought, "hmm whatever". So I got them to fit more snug.

I knew the Readiness monitors would need reset and the ECU would need to re-learn (I have a CBRD flash). Cold start the car idled normally. Last night I did a quick idle learn, or so I thought. I went to drive the car for the ECU to relearn, nice long highway drive. the car drives normally, and pulls smooth, no dirveability issues. Everytime I come to a stop, the idle jumps from 200-about 700rpms, and will eventually stall. I have to sit and feather the throttle at complete stops. If you play with the throttle, you can get the idle to settle out and idle on it's own.

Right now, as I type, I have the car down in the garage, garage door open of course idleing hoping that it'll re-learn. Anything else anybody suggests checking? Idle learn is the only thing I can think of. The only thing I've messed with since I drove the car last is the battery terminal cable cmapls. It reminds me of putting the clutch in on a MAF car with a VTA BOV. I don't have a 100% VTA bov (APS). So I know that's not the problem.

The cars been ideling for about 5-10 minutes now and I can hear that it's ideling as it should.

Last edited by MitsuJDM; Dec 3, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevermind. Mods can delete if they want.

Idle learn is all it was