Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

need help! High Idle!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help! High Idle!

A few weeks back I had a clutch masters clutch and flywheel along with the clutch master cylinder installed. Since I got it back I have had some serious issues with idle. IT was perfectly fine before. Now in the morning it idles fine till warm up then seems to bog down and goes lean on my AFR. usually at around 700 rpm. Then the more I drive it the worse it gets at idle. If i come to a stop at a light the RPM shoot to 3-4000 and just hang there. If I stepped on the clutch, they would go back down, then rise back up again. Now stepping on the clutch doesnt do anything the RPM just hangs there. I have removed all of my piping and re-installed. Checked for vacuum leaks and ensured all hoses are connected. New spark plugs. Disconnected the wire harness on the throttle body to see if it was faulty. Reset the ecu and reinstalled my tune. I tried the relearn and it didn't work. All grounds that I can see from the top are connected. Cleaned the MAF. Anyone have any Ideas? Im not throwing any codes.

Last edited by u4styx; Mar 13, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Clutch install is a fairly involved job. Wires, hoses, connectors and bunch of other sh*t has to get disconnected. I would double check everything, especially the FPR hose. 90% of problems are from previous work.

As odd as this sounds, check the terminals on the ECU as well. I had this weird problem where the car wouldn't start, all of the lights on the dash would flash and the gauges would shoot up and down. Turns out ECU pin 91 was bent.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tuner Chet found the issue. O-ring was missing from cmc.