Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Injen upper ic to bov

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Injen upper ic to bov

ok let me tell you whats happening. I have the injen pipping kit and i have made some mods on it to fit and line up with a straight intercooler. Not ones where the ends are bent down. long story short fitment is not a issue. My issue is the bov valve. I have used regular clamps I even bought some T-bolt clamps same results. what happens is when im boosting at about 11-15 psi range as its going up it blows my bov valve up out of the upper ic. hences the fact why i used tbolt and regular clamps. Yes im using injen airintake before you ask. I want to know how people fixed this issue that have the injen system. I really dont CARE TO BUY another upper ic if i can avoid it completely. there are plenty of folks on here using the injen boosting i want those folks to chime in. Now i just got my fp red in my room today im not installing anything till i get this bov problem sorted out. Now i have a evo 8 plastic diverter i was gonna invest in a aps twin vent. i wonder because the diverter is so light is that why its coming out weight issue or how did others overcome this
Old Jan 2, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bro i got the same issue?????????????:c onfused:.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 05:34 PM

Have you tried changing the hose that holds the bov, the hose they supply is kind of slippery if I remember correctly. I used to have that problem and changed to a slightly thinner hose and it never popped back out.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

ok tell me where to buy the hose that you bought so i can order it now and get it on its way
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

i have yet to have that prob in my kit.what bov you using..the stocker even has a lip so it wont pop off.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:14 PM

Here's the link to the store, don't remember what size it was.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...9a0d6a13948f99
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
props to you for getting it to fit in the first place. I bought a straight intercooler but had injen piping and no matter how much adjusting we couldn't get it to fit so I have to go out and get some custom ones. You can get hoses off of ebay for cheap.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Weird.... I have the ebay ic and injen upperpipe aand never had that problem...best thing to do is clean the lil coupler and use hairspray and tighten pretty hard....just not too hard
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor

I never had that problem with my old Injen set up either. You could always weld a bead around the top of the tube so when you clamp it it won't slide off.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

i ordered a 1.5 blue hose. will get that in and then put it on and see if i can boost without it popping off past 11psi. to get it to fit a straight ended intercooler its gonna be at a angle bro. You have to get some 45 degree couplers and it would help alot to get a 45 degree coupler for the middle section of the pipe. fits perfect after that. my kit came with everything except the middle 45 degree coupler i ordered one from the UK. I can show you pics of mine if you like lol but it fits im not gonna go out and buy another intercooler. I bought a aps intercooler and i love it nice and large like most intercoolers out there. Also not gonna buy another pipping kit period. I dont like to rebuy things ill just mod it. SO it works like it suppose to.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mine fits just fine. It pooped off once but I bought a better clamp and tightened it very tight. I hit 29-30 psi now no problems.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine's never popped off either, even at 28psi spikes. Hairspray on the flange helps, then tighten the clamp with a wrench and not a screwdriver.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

im waiting for my new hose i ordered to come in and then we shall see what is up hopifully i get i this coming week i should now i just need to order my evo 8 to 9 install kit
Old Feb 23, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
fixed I take it?.... What did you use?..
Old Feb 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

i had the same issue before. i just adjusted my intake bit by bit to get the perfect fitment to where my bov would not blow off.. i installed the syncronic bov a couple of months ago so had to go through same thing. you could use hair spray to spray on the inside of the coupler before you put the piece on as stated, helps it "hold" better. vidal sassoon works best..jk

Quick Reply: Injen upper ic to bov