Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

NLTS mod not working after clutch adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NLTS mod not working after clutch adjustment?

Okay, so yesterday I decided it's about time to adjust my clutch since I just installed my exedy twin...so I adjusted the rod out until i felt some resistance then turned it back a 1/2 turn or so, tightened the lock nut and i was off the try it out....the clutch is at the top of the pedal now....and i went out to test it thru the gears and the NLTS worked fgreat and everything felt good but this monring when coming to work i tried the NLTS and the rpm jumped while shifting? only a little bit but its weird seemed like it would jump slow and when i released the clutch pedal the rpm went faster as if the NLTS mod was to slow down the rpm during the NLTS...so i don't get it? why would the NLTS work yesterday and not today?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only things I could think is that you possibly didn't hit the minimum load to activate NLTS or you didn't hit the pre-set TPS level during the pull. Unless you didn't fully depress the cluth and the clutch switch didn't activate. You might have better luck in the Ecuflash sub-forum if the issue persists.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

well yesterday when it was working i was really going all out but today i just down shifted and floored it and when shifting i tried NLTS but the rpm jumped and i tried it a couple other times and still didn't work....could it be that i adjusted the clutch out too much?
Old Jan 9, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Creamo, log the load you are hitting and adjust the settings accordingly. Good luck.

Josh
Old Jan 9, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

there is not load threshold tho in my patch? the only things the ecu needs to see for the NLTS to be activated is 98% throttle and 30k/m +

after work i will put the setting back to the test settings and test it and if it doesn't work i'll reflash the car...and if it still doesn't work...then i'll be pissed because i really like the NLTS!!!

Last edited by evane; Jan 9, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evane
there is not load threshold tho in my patch? the only things the ecu needs to see for the NLTS to be activated is 98% throttle and 30k/m +

after work i will put the setting back to the test settings and test it and if it doesn't work i'll reflash the car...and if it still doesn't work...then i'll be pissed because i really like the NLTS!!!
You could always lower the throttle percentage just in case you're not at 98%. I lowered mine to 80% just to make sure. The clutch rod adjustment should affect anything, unless the switch isn't being depressed fully.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE: the NLTS is still working...i went out at floored it 2nd kept the gas pedal to the floor and just pushed in the clutch pedal without shifting and while doing so the rpm raise a little bit but start to fall and as soon as i left off the clutch pedal the rpm jump really fast as if i didn't have the NLTS mod so the NLTS mod still works but heres the thing...before my clutch was about in the middle of the clutch pedal now its all the way at the top due to adjustment...so i'm thinking that my clutch is disengaged before the clutch pedal reaches the clutch switch...so thats whats causing the rpm to jump slowly but start to fall