Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Average price for clutch install

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS was $500 if you bought the clutch through them.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Holy crap, you guys are getting raped to change a clutch, What
I don't care what freaking region you're in, you pay more than 350-400 range...
KY jelly is your friend

To change a clutch you don't need a Rocket Scientist....
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

I paid 600 which i think is too much but i got all my drivetrain fluids changed with oem fluid also. All the other shops were charging 500-550 and that's not including fluids, they also did an excellent job with the installation.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
yeah, sean is correct...

we arent the cheapest around, and we dont desire to be..

if you think 750 is too much, you are more than welcome to go somewhere else... our clients pay for the peace of mind of working with us... search our name and reviews, i think you will see why.

cb
We are of the same philosophy Chad, People come to us for a peace of mind not because we are the cheapest around. Props to you guys for being a top notch shop.

Last edited by ForcedFedRS; Jan 14, 2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i paid 600.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
So what does one get for $750 that a shop for $450 won't give?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

500-600 bucks
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We charge $550.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
So what does one get for $750 that a shop for $450 won't give?

most likely $300 less in your bank account and that's about it. Sorry but it's the truth. There is absolutely no way of convincing otherwise. If AMS (one of the best evo shops in the country if not the best) is charging 500-550 and your charging 750 b.s. that your doing anything at all better or different ESPECIALLY not three hundred dollars different. That's more then a three hour labor difference when most shop charge 80-100 an hour.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by john.schuber
most likely $300 less in your bank account and that's about it. Sorry but it's the truth. There is absolutely no way of convincing otherwise. If AMS (one of the best evo shops in the country if not the best) is charging 500-550 and your charging 750 b.s. that your doing anything at all better or different ESPECIALLY not three hundred dollars different. That's more then a three hour labor difference when most shop charge 80-100 an hour.

I agree. pay 500-550.

750 is total bull&^$*
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol,

think what you want.

are these installs including driveline fluids, trans/ transfer case/ rear diff/ what kind of fluid?/machining of flywheel?

shops are going to base work depending on time, tools involved, etc etc... thats why tuning prices are different shop to shop... cam installs, etc etc....

we've never had a client leave because we were too expensive....

people visit cbrd and understand, its called peace of mind....

if you arent comfortable with a shop or it's rates, feel free to go somewhere else.

cheers

cb

Last edited by CBRD; Jan 14, 2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

haha!!

lol,

think what you want.

are these installs including driveline fluids, trans/ transfer case/ rear diff/ what kind of fluid?/machining of flywheel?

if you arent comfortable with a shop or it's rates, feel free to go somewhere else.

cheers

cb

Well said Chad! u have an evo there not the cheapest to keep maintained!.....Im happy with CBRD and there prices..ill never go anywhere else! Visit there shop and ull see why!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:33 AM
Account Disabled

lol,

think what you want.

shops are going to base work depending on time, tools involved, etc etc... thats why tuning prices are different shop to shop... cam installs, etc etc....

cheers

cb
Well put Chad! People need to realize that you need to compare apples to apples.

Straight labor is one thing, but you need to factor in the ancillaries parts and fluids and they need to be of the same level if you want to compare price. You also need to look at the companies standard practices because there are differences and some do vary upon region.

We use Motul fluids for all our enthusiasts work. This is significantly more expensive than off the shelf generic product. Secondly, being in the northeast, we put anti-seize on every nut and bolt with Wurth never seize, again another high end product we use on a standard basis. This adds some time to the labor/materials cost but it helps insure the next time the car comes in the customer isn't left with the nightmare of frozen hardware.

We have developed similar practices in electrical procedures, and our fabrication work, as well as other parts of our builds. Our core customers know and understand this, and that is why they are back again and again.

We look to stay competitive ourselves but we have overhead and expenses to consider and we're not about to sacrifice the quality of work or the standards that we've worked hard to develop just to meet a price point. So in the end you do get what you pay for.

So the best advice we can give as a tuner is shop around, educate yourself, and compare more than just price because that has little baring on the type work you receive.

Ron
Owner / Technical Director
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't most clutch kits include a new flywheel? Drive train fluids? Tranny fluid is about $40-50 for 3quts. Diaqueen oil is $36.11 for a Gallon..Transfercase and rear diff only take .69qts each....

I believe the $750 covers that glamorous super nice show room shop up keep.

...shop is really clean, still.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for CBRD

I've been in Chad's shop and seen the attention to detail that is given to every vehicle that comes in there. If I lived closer I would gladly pay for them to work on my Evo. I am what you call OCD and Chad is very nearly to only person I have met that has the same attitude about working on cars as he does maintaining his shop and showroom which is inline with my desires. I am not wealthy and I can't afford to pay extra for work on my car, so obviously I can't afford to have it done again or for "unexpected expenses" to pop up throughout the work. If I know I am starting off at a set price, and that price includes everything to get the job done, I can plan accordingly.

Josh

Quick Reply: Average price for clutch install