Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tomei Full Turbo Kit Install........

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
true before i got a chance to see all tomei products in person i was like ok they are nice but still a little over price , but after visiting Tomei Usa getting to see everything in person and looking through all the research they do you know the parts are going to work. Not saying that a ported manifold and a Invidia o2 doesn't work, they all work real good it all come down to a preference. Like the Heat shield pictures either go stealth with the factory heat shield, Tomei Shinny heat shield or non at all. Is it gonna make a power difference probably not but it comes down to the end user.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

here something i hope to see they make for the Evo soon, but this is the same technology they put into the Evo manifold, O2 housing and Dp the lost wax Technology. But they o2 actually used a sort of casting method where there are no welds even look at the flange there no welds at all so no chance of weld cracks
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Tomei parts sound like they are going to work great. But living in Cali, I worry about things looking too "bling."
Old Feb 11, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by midlifecrisis
Tomei parts sound like they are going to work great. But living in Cali, I worry about things looking too "bling."
Too bling for law enforcement?

On to topic, I too want to get all that stuff you have some day.
The downpipe(frontpipe) comes with exhaust wrap too if I'm not mistaken.

+1 person jealous of you
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by roger smith
Too bling for law enforcement?

On to topic, I too want to get all that stuff you have some day.
The downpipe(frontpipe) comes with exhaust wrap too if I'm not mistaken.

+1 person jealous of you
yeah the manifold and o2+downpipe does come with the wrap if you opt to use it
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo ippo
yeah the manifold and o2+downpipe does come with the wrap if you opt to use it
Cool.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Have you got the dyno graph on pump fuel yet?

Also what boost would be safe on the Tomei 2bar?

cheers
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Hi there everyone

Sorry about the updates on the Turbo install I have just been busy with work and did not have time to finish the install. But I am gonna put the fluids in today and fire it up then place an order with FIC for some 780cc injectors so please bare with me here is my dyno sheet on the old set up also tuned at tuning tech

Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck. Can't wait to see your numbers.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Guys

First driving impression was amazing very noticeable spool difference, I had to try very hard to keep the boost down the car always wants to boost up. I'm gonna see if Tuning Tech has time for me to swing by this week after I install the injectors, goal will be 425whp and then install my new Tomei 270/270 Mivec cams (That Procams Lady and gents) and Supertech Valve Spring / Retainer kit. The goals after the cams and valve springs are around 450whp so stay tune for further updates
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
suuuuuuuuub-SCRIBED!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo ippo
Hey Guys

First driving impression was amazing very noticeable spool difference, I had to try very hard to keep the boost down the car always wants to boost up. I'm gonna see if Tuning Tech has time for me to swing by this week after I install the injectors, goal will be 425whp and then install my new Tomei 270/270 Mivec cams (That Procams Lady and gents) and Supertech Valve Spring / Retainer kit. The goals after the cams and valve springs are around 450whp so stay tune for further updates
So the spool is alot stronger and earlier? I know you cant give it beans yet until mapped but can you feel it stronger higher up the RPM?

Placing order for my tomei today Hopefully.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 06:48 AM

Very interested to see how this thing does on pump. Could very well be better then the bbk, only time will tell. I was planning on getting the BBK, but let us see....
Old Feb 23, 2009, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by addo
So the spool is alot stronger and earlier? I know you cant give it beans yet until mapped but can you feel it stronger higher up the RPM?

Placing order for my tomei today Hopefully.
well i did a few pulls but kept it under 15psi but for sure to it does feel like the car pulls alot stronger and also the bov does sound like it letting more pressure out at that psi then before can't wait for the tune to rip it all the way to redline for you guys
Old Feb 23, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linwoodm
Very interested to see how this thing does on pump. Could very well be better then the bbk, only time will tell. I was planning on getting the BBK, but let us see....
I was in the same boat bbk full was going to be my choice but since I already had a great relationship with Tomei and believe in their products (their evo 8 procams as tested by ams ) had to try their turbo. Tomei did tell me the flow rating was between a FP green and FP red so guess where i sent my evo 9 turbo to to Aniel over at Force Performance to get the FP Red Treatment personally i think the Tomei turbo will be happier with a more aggressive cams that why tomei sent over their new 270/270 which they assured me is the best bet for my setup also with 750cc injectors as well

Quick Reply: Tomei Full Turbo Kit Install........