Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cam TDC Marks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam TDC Marks

I'm actually helping a buddy do a hg on his 05 evo, so this isnt my car. He isnt mechanically inclined, but I am... Every DIY i've found here doesnt seem to really mention or show what TDC on the cams are, let alone the crank pulley or anything of that nature...

I just need to know where the markings on the cams go before I drop the head on again.

Just to double check also, the tdc for the crank pulley is at about 11 o'clock or so?

thanks,
scott
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To TDC the crank, there is an "V" arrow on the crank sensor trigger plate, there is a diagnol " - " mark on the oil pump housing that is supposed to sit in the V. There should also be a white mark on the tooth of the gear itself. If your looking for absolute precision, you would need a piston stop and a degree wheel so you can find your true TDC mark, but using the factory marks should be fine.

The cam gears have timing marks stamped into the edge of the tooth. The timing marks to line it up are actually on the valve cover itself, so rest the valve cover on the head to line up the marks.