Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full-Race Twinscroll 35R + AMS 2.3L + GBR Race Team Build = FAT powerband

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evolved_6
im going twinscroll 40r on my 2.3
We'll have our own little 2.3 Full-Race TS 40R club soon - I'm weeks away...
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's ur maximum safe shifting RPM????? can this be on a daily driver???

Secondly, why does the torque curve drops more when stroking the engine..

Im a newbie, but trying my best to acquire useful info!!!

which would u recommend for a 500WHP output, a GT35 on a 2.3 with relatively low boost or an FP Red with a 2.3 but higher boost?? My car is a daily driver, and its very hot in here!!!(a freind of mine told me that high boost is not good at high tempratures)
Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Philthy748
Now that sounds like a plan.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Very impressive powerband!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
keep in mind, if you want to twinscroll any of the HTA turbos they can work well, but i believe the twinscroll 40R would make more sense...
Hey Geoff, yeah, I realize that, but I wanted to do a little comparative analysis, by looking at the spool and power differences.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MOREPSiTEHBETT4
looks like a subi STi dyno chart on a evo, seriously...almost identical

I bet if I said this was a regular 35r setup on a subi, nobody would say a word...spools nice but a subi 2.5 can spool a 35r definitely around 3600 rpm with low boost
Except the numbers would read ALOT lower on a suby
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Geoff, I saw his setup and it's dead sexy. At that power level, your 6-speed goes out the window and you need to start worrying about breaking tranny's, tc's and rear diff's. This is one of the main reasons why I've only dragged my car once (Island Dragway). Etown eats up evo's and spits their guts all over the track! I currently can't afford that right now.
How worrid must one be, in regards to breaking the drivetrain, if they have a setup like this daily driven?

-Jalal
Old Jul 22, 2009, 05:03 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evolved_6
im going twinscroll 40r on my 2.3
Originally Posted by Whoop_ass
you wont be sorry, i am rocking this setup...
Originally Posted by Philthy748
i can't wait to hear your guys' feedback once you get the setups dialed... although they might hurt some ppl's feelings

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
which would u recommend for a 500WHP output, a GT35 on a 2.3 with relatively low boost or an FP Red with a 2.3 but higher boost?? My car is a daily driver, and its very hot in here!!!(a freind of mine told me that high boost is not good at high tempratures)
both setups have their respective benefits, and both can be daily driven! The twinscroll T4 is more of a versatile setup in that its easy to upgrade or change turbos on if you decided you liked drag racing, or you wanted to time attack it, or just keep it a street car... on the other hand the Prostock Manifold + FP red combo is easier to install, will use stock based evo components and ie: if you already have aftermarket parts like an o2 housing, downpipe, upgraded hot pipe, etc you can still use them. With regards to the high temps, we are located in phoenix, AZ and it was 112 degrees just the other day... we have no problem driving at high temps, provided the tuning is correct

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
what's ur maximum safe shifting RPM????? can this be on a daily driver??? Secondly, why does the torque curve drops more when stroking the engine..
usually the 2.3L engines should be shifted around 7800rpm or so, but that will depend on the powerband of your turbosetup, and the specs of the engine. The torque curve will usually fall off harder on a stroker motor becuase of the engine geometry (ie: rod length: stroke length ratio). this is a loooong discussion in itself, not something you can really answer in a simple forum post. Of course with an optimized setup the torque will hold much stronger than an inefficient stroker.

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Geoff, I saw his setup and it's dead sexy. At that power level, your 6-speed goes out the window and you need to start worrying about breaking tranny's, tc's and rear diff's. This is one of the main reasons why I've only dragged my car once (Island Dragway). Etown eats up evo's and spits their guts all over the track! I currently can't afford that right now. How worrid must one be, in regards to breaking the drivetrain, if they have a setup like this daily driven?
it is absolutely a good idea to upgrade the driveline with any high power evo.. daily driving a car is not what breaks parts tho, its BEATING on the car -- high rpm launches, slamming gearshifts, etc. the history of the trans will also have a lot to do with its life... there really isnt any answer except baby your trans and it will last. Beat on your trans and you shift faster, but an upgrade will be inevitable
Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:42 PM

Geoff, i was interested in the TS40R setup on a BC 2.6l kit, but with all the talk about the powerband dropping early, was wondering if this setup would be good as a DD? Was looking for a power output of 600whp/600wtq. I love torque so peak power is not a factor, want to hit early (round 3500/4000rpm), not interested in drag racing just a responsive and balanced street machine with your occasional weekend of running laps. Think this is do able or just a pipe dream?

P.S.
Love the work you guys do, keep up the good work.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:00 PM
Account Disabled

thanks alot for the props

Becuase the 2.6L setup is such a rare config we havent used it yet, but if you are looking for a DD with 600+wtq, our TS40R would certainly do it... and the extra displacement would only improve response and torque. It would be an absolute monster and i cant imagine a better turbokit for your application..
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:45 PM

FR has always had top notch products and even better power results with there products. I had a FR 35r rsx, B4 the evo so i know. A 2.6 with ts40r would be NASTY!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Little off topic here. But what is your rb26 in Geoff?

Setup looks really nice though. When does the video come up?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:32 PM

I think its a TS40r or was at least
Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

that kit is sexy! lol
Old Jul 23, 2009, 02:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BerserkerX
Little off topic here. But what is your rb26 in Geoff? Setup looks really nice though. When does the video come up?
my personal car is an S14, but fully converted to AWD GTR... its an R32 GTR front end, and an R33/R34 GTR rear.. which video are you asking about? here are some pics of my baby

ive only been running it off the wastegates, but with this twinscroll borgwarner 88-75 (their version of a slightly smaller 4088R) , it did 567at 19psi. I still have a lot of small things to clean up (just fixed a small exhaust leak i had, and putting in some new injectors + a bosch fuel pump - i hate the dual intank walbros) and will be going back to the dyno in the next cpl weeks

Full-Race has plenty of evo 8 / evo 9 AND Evo X stock turbo manifolds in stock!!

Originally Posted by ssmdc5
FR has always had top notch products and even better power results with there products. I had a FR 35r rsx, B4 the evo so i know. A 2.6 with ts40r would be NASTY!
thanks alot!!

Quick Reply: Full-Race Twinscroll 35R + AMS 2.3L + GBR Race Team Build = FAT powerband