Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question about TTP Engineering ACT Clutch

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about TTP Engineering ACT Clutch

Ok I have pmed them three times asking this exact question. I have a ACT heavy duty 6 puck clutch in my car and it has only lasted about 15 launches(it slips when you try to launch but holds fine from a roll). My car only makes 350 ft. lbs. and 455hp. and I only have about 5000 miles on the clutch. I was wondering what is different about your clutch? So if anybody else can give me answer I would really appreciate. If not then I will plan on buying a spec clutch from maperformance because they will talk to me.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

just calm down, they are up north for the Shootout I believe, so they arent online at all.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:06 AM

I am calm but I pmed the question a week ago.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 96scstang
I am calm but I pmed the question a week ago.
well I can tell you that I have that exact clutch in my car, and know a few people that have it also, and there is something wrong with either the install of the clutch, or your driving style is outrageous. That clutch should last a long *** time, especially at that power level.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:23 AM

ACT sucks. Ask any reputable shop. I bought a race trans from a very well known builder and he said DO NOT PUT AN ACT IN THIS TRANS! IT WILL DESTROY IT! The tuner that tuned my car almost fell over when i told him i had thought of ordering one. I personally have used a Exedy twin, HKS twin, Quarter Master twin and now Im on a Exedy triple. All suck except Exedy. It lasted the longest(12k) and never slipped on a launch. The HKS always slipped on a launch from day one. it lasted about 6k. Drove like stock though. The Quarter Master sucked worst of all and lasted 3k and is so noisy and unstreetable that it makes u want to sell ur car! It was a nightmare! Strictly a drag clutch if that! Anyone who says different is retarded. For the record I have 510whp.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mr-derer2
ACT sucks. Ask any reputable shop. I bought a race trans from a very well known builder and he said DO NOT PUT AN ACT IN THIS TRANS! IT WILL DESTROY IT! The tuner that tuned my car almost fell over when i told him i had thought of ordering one. I personally have used a Exedy twin, HKS twin, Quarter Master twin and now Im on a Exedy triple. All suck except Exedy. It lasted the longest(12k) and never slipped on a launch. The HKS always slipped on a launch from day one. it lasted about 6k. Drove like stock though. The Quarter Master sucked worst of all and lasted 3k and is so noisy and unstreetable that it makes u want to sell ur car! It was a nightmare! Strictly a drag clutch if that! Anyone who says different is retarded. For the record I have 510whp.
you must have horrible luck. Because me and MANY MANY of my friends have ACT's in there cars, and we all love them. Never have heard of a problem about them on the cars local.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

some people have good luck with ACT, others don't but its not possible that it only lasted 15, mine lasted about 40-50 and it was the street disk....why are u still up this late Casper??..... wait why am I still up? lol
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
some people have good luck with ACT, others don't but its not possible that it only lasted 15, mine lasted about 40-50 and it was the street disk....why are u still up this late Casper??..... wait why am I still up? lol
My inner clock has been shifted the total opposite way lol. I party almost every night, and sleep from 5 am to 4 pm. It sucks when you lose a job
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Casper.
My inner clock has been shifted the total opposite way lol. I party almost every night, and sleep from 5 am to 4 pm. It sucks when you lose a job
oh man sorry to hear about that bro, im sure something will come around....at least you got your car fixed that's the positive side right?...yea I go to sleep at 3-5am and wake up at 1-2pm lol
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

cheers lol. Well I am off to hit the sack. Ill post at 4 when I awake haha
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Casper.
well I can tell you that I have that exact clutch in my car, and know a few people that have it also, and there is something wrong with either the install of the clutch, or your driving style is outrageous. That clutch should last a long *** time, especially at that power level.

Yes it always has to be something wrong with the install and why does it have to be that my driving style is outrageous. Maybe the clutch doesn't like me. Yea thats it.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

save your money and get a good twin disc. best thing i ever did! or dont..........
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 96scstang
Yes it always has to be something wrong with the install and why does it have to be that my driving style is outrageous. Maybe the clutch doesn't like me. Yea thats it.
yea thats it, the clutch doesnt like you.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Why are u mad at him, its not his fault that you clutch sucks...lol
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:01 PM

I not mad I asked a simple question and nobody will give me a direct answer. I asked what is different about TTP clutch that is it.

Quick Reply: Question about TTP Engineering ACT Clutch