Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which spools faster: FP HTA GT3582, FP HTA GT 3586 or PTE 6262?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolutionBoy67
how about the T4 Twin Scroll 6262 that Shearer has? How fast would that spool. Also does anyone know what a/r Shearer offers for the TS 6262?
I talked with Ron about those one time, he said they didnt work and had horrible mid range and top end.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^how come he still offers it on his website? Also wait a/r did he offer? if its a small a/r that could have been the reason for it having horrible mid range and top end.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

the 3582 will out spool all 3 cause its smallest.. it wont touch the 6262 power though.. the 6062 is a waste of time.. might as well use 6262...

if you want ~650whp and great spool go with 6057 turbo.. we will be showcasing that turbo on a shop car in a few weeks..

MIke
Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
the 3582 will out spool all 3 cause its smallest.. it wont touch the 6262 power though.. the 6062 is a waste of time.. might as well use 6262...

if you want ~650whp and great spool go with 6057 turbo.. we will be showcasing that turbo on a shop car in a few weeks..

MIke
What is the difference in response between a gt3582r and a 6262 in your estimation?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crcain
What is the difference in response between a gt3582r and a 6262 in your estimation?
It would only be a guess on my part but i would say 400-500 rpm...

Mike
Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JEFFREYCASTGSX
Holset hx-40 will outspool all, and outflow all.

you cant be serious.

that thing is an old turd compared to today's standard. it is a very heavy compressor wheel. it is very inefficient and laggy.

nothing is good of it aside from the $200 used price tag you can get on those heaps off ebay.

back to the thread's original intent...

HTA3582 is a 59mm inducer. 70lb/min w/ a 61mm turbine wheel.
6262 is 62mm inducer. flows 72lb/min, and has a 62mm turbine wheel.

hta3582 will spool faster, probably max about 40hp or so less than the 6262 but spool 300 or so rpms faster due to the smaller size of the compressor/turbine.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by norcalSRTrida
you cant be serious.

that thing is an old turd compared to today's standard. it is a very heavy compressor wheel. it is very inefficient and laggy.

nothing is good of it aside from the $200 used price tag you can get on those heaps off ebay.

back to the thread's original intent...

HTA3582 is a 59mm inducer. 70lb/min w/ a 61mm turbine wheel.
6262 is 62mm inducer. flows 72lb/min, and has a 62mm turbine wheel.

hta3582 will spool faster, probably max about 40hp or so less than the 6262 but spool 300 or so rpms faster due to the smaller size of the compressor/turbine.
BAAAAAAAA....lol The 6262 is an ok design, but the 35r is just plain old technology with some improvements, they still do not compare to any holset. The price, the SPOOL, the power, the DURABILITY, are all better on a holset. there is just no reason to waste your money on these overpriced turbos.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turb...-part-3-a.html
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

BAAAAAAAA....lol The 6262 is an ok design, but the 35r is just plain old technology with some improvements, they still do not compare to any holset. The price, the SPOOL, the power, the DURABILITY, are all better on a holset. there is just no reason to waste your money on these overpriced turbos.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turb...-part-3-a.html
You keep running the advanced technology holset units and none of us with PTE billets will need to worry about you passing us up.. When a DSM with a holset runs 8.75 & makes 920whp on a t3 you call me.. or even 8 anything for that matter..

btw.. these billet turbos are under 1k in journal bearing.. still overpriced???

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:53 AM

You keep running the advanced technology holset units and none of us with PTE billets will need to worry about you passing us up.. When a DSM with a holset runs 8.75 & makes 920whp on a t3 you call me.. or even 8 anything for that matter..

btw.. these billet turbos are under 1k in journal bearing.. still overpriced???

Mike
Well until major shops start selling holsets, AND the shops themselves(WHICH HAVE ANY PART AT THEIR DISPOSE) use the holset, then yes I will call you(because the FAST times would happen). If a shop starts using turbos and proves that they can go fast, then yes people will follow and buy them(like the turbos you sell), thinking they have the best turbo out there. How many times have you heard of a car running holsets? Probably none. Why? because holsets are oem equipment that really arent SPONSORED, OR ADVERTISED, all these OTHER outdated pos turbos(like the gt30's and 57trims) are advertised and people buy them falsely thinking there good turbos. I dont care how fast you have gone with a certain turbo(unless its a 9 sec stock turbo car), i want to know the what the boost threshold of what a certain turbo is, i want to know if its efficient(unlike a 57trim), the PRICE and is it gonna last, and then compare these(and others) attribute to other turbos, that will flow about the same(if not the same).

Overpriced? OBVIOUSLY, a holset is half the price of what that overpriced unit costs. I wonder what you think on the Borg Warners.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Well until major shops start selling holsets, AND the shops themselves(WHICH HAVE ANY PART AT THEIR DISPOSE) use the holset, then yes I will call you(because the FAST times would happen). If a shop starts using turbos and proves that they can go fast, then yes people will follow and buy them(like the turbos you sell), thinking they have the best turbo out there. How many times have you heard of a car running holsets? Probably none. Why? because holsets are oem equipment that really arent SPONSORED, OR ADVERTISED, all these OTHER outdated pos turbos(like the gt30's and 57trims) are advertised and people buy them falsely thinking there good turbos. I dont care how fast you have gone with a certain turbo(unless its a 9 sec stock turbo car), i want to know the what the boost threshold of what a certain turbo is, i want to know if its efficient(unlike a 57trim), the PRICE and is it gonna last, and then compare these(and others) attribute to other turbos, that will flow about the same(if not the same).

Overpriced? OBVIOUSLY, a holset is half the price of what that overpriced unit costs. I wonder what you think on the Borg Warners.
Ive used the Borgwarners.. actually 4 of them that all blew up apart at the 270 thrust bearing.. They dont take more than 45psi of boost on an EVO..

Holset will never make it into the evo market bro.. PTE builds turbos for racers.. FP builds turbos for racers.. Holset builds turbos for OEM diesel trucks and guys that wont see the light on a good race turbo like PTE.. Good luck..

MIke
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:05 PM

Ive used the Borgwarners.. actually 4 of them that all blew up apart at the 270 thrust bearing.. They dont take more than 45psi of boost on an EVO..

Holset will never make it into the evo market bro.. PTE builds turbos for racers.. FP builds turbos for racers.. Holset builds turbos for OEM diesel trucks and guys that wont see the light on a good race turbo like PTE.. Good luck..

MIke
Dang, thats sorry, looks like the EVO market place, is NOTHING but a big MARKET PLACE for all the big manufacturers to sell their inferior products. Oh well I respect some companies like FP(i run one of their turbos), but not all. Oh well, good luck to all evo owners, and good luck to YOU, no for reals, I respect you and good luck.

Jeff
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Dang, thats sorry, looks like the EVO market place, is NOTHING but a big MARKET PLACE for all the big manufacturers to sell their inferior products. Oh well I respect some companies like FP(i run one of their turbos), but not all. Oh well, good luck to all evo owners, and good luck to YOU, no for reals, I respect you and good luck.

Jeff
I have the budget to run any turbo i want on my car.. I tried Borgwarner when everyone else said they sucked.. I know for fact nothing touches the PTE 67mm billet in t3..

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:14 PM

I have the budget to run any turbo i want on my car.. I tried Borgwarner when everyone else said they sucked.. I know for fact nothing touches the PTE 67mm billet in t3..

Mike
I know for a fact that a 6 blade HX-40holset(69lb/min) will still outperform the 70lb/min PTE. Do some research you would be surprised.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

I know for a fact that a 6 blade HX-40holset(69lb/min) will still outperform the 70lb/min PTE. Do some research you would be surprised.
I do alot of research.. and yes i would be suprised it if it lived at 50psi and made more power.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:23 PM

I do alot of research.. and yes i would be suprised it if it lived at 50psi and made more power.. Thanks!!

Mike
Surprisingly these turbos are being run at 30psi ALL DAY, and then theres all these guys with programmers running close to 50, and then they(turbo) go on and outlast the truck(which if you see a 200,000mile cummins dont be surprised).

Quick Reply: Which spools faster: FP HTA GT3582, FP HTA GT 3586 or PTE 6262?