Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

turbo mag best exhaust results?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo mag best exhaust results?

Hey i was wondering if anyone still has the turbo mag evo exhaust shootout results or if anyone can find it. i've tried finding it but didnt exactly find the results of them anywhere. Could anyone help? Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I got some of it, but like the pic says, just the highlights;
Attached Thumbnails turbo mag best exhaust results?-exhaustshootout.jpg  
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

^are the ones they tested out cat backs or tbe or mixed?

buschur racing, perrin isnt here... weak.

anyone know of a most recent findings?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

i believe these were catbacks...not TBE. yea i was hoping to find a more updated version of the exhaust shootout but it seems google has failed to be a super info highway -.-
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldnt say that thats a list of the best exhausts. Just a list of the most "main stream" named ones that were asked for product to use.

In all honesty and reality.... How many truly fast, big power Evo's do you see running any of those systems?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

The one that is worth the money is the Greddy Ti. Lightest and great power period. I'm sorry Jrod but it beats buschur exhaust.

Last edited by romogst; Oct 5, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

romogst, Do you have test results to back up your claim?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 08:22 PM

lol... I just bought that rag off ebay LAST WEEK!!!!
The AMS catback isn't in there either...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by romogst
The one that is worth the money is the Greddy Ti. Lightest and great power period. I'm sorry Jrod but it beats buschur exhaust.
I would take that bet that it doesnt make more power than ours. Let me know when. I would put up $500 that our Catback makes more power than the Greddy. I have faith in our product. If you're interested get us a Greddy Ti catback here to the shop.

People can come here to watch our catback dyno'd, I will swap the catbacks out, everyone can make sure nothing else is changed and I will re-dyno the car with the GReddy on it. Same day, within a half hour of one another. I'll even pay for the dyno time.

How many 9 and 10 second Evo's run a Greddy Ti?

Is the Greddy Ti lighter? Yes because its titanium. Thats a give in. Our Buschur Racing 3" mandrel bent S.S. catback w/ bullet muffler still weighs in at 16.6lbs.

I did some research on the Ti and this is all Ive found for the GReddy Ti weight "GReddy Racing Exhaust in full Titanium; that’s an 80mm cat-back system that weighs as little as 10 lbs." so it could in fact weigh more but thats the least it could weigh????? According to the test shown it was 13.5.

Also I found this interesting about the GReddy Ti:
"SPECS: 80mm full titanium piping / 2.5" taper/ curled and flamed exhaust tip/ includes silencer"

That 2.5" taper definitely is not going to help it make power. Our system is 3" ALL the way through.

Sound.... which one sounds better? Well thats personal preference and everyone's opinion will be different.

Pricing comparison:
GReddy Ti: $1169.00

Buschur Racing Catback w/ Bullet Muffler: $470.00 SHIPPED

I would go on a diet and lose 3 1/2lbs before I would spend $700 more on just a catback exhaust.

Let me know on the dyno test.

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; Oct 6, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, I would not take that test to much to heart. I wholeheartedly believe the top systems are not on that listing. AMS, Buschur, etc. it almost seems like most of those are CA carb approved systems only. Could be wrong though.

Exhaust is a VERY personal thing. At the heart of it is perfomance. Fist chose a FULL 3" system that has smooth bends and at NO POINT does it neck down below 3". Second (and this is where its personal) chose a sound that you are into. Some like it loud, some like it quiet...others right between.

Eric
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

AMS and Buschur, What is the quitest 3" exhaust?.. The closest-to-stock sound but no power restrictions at all???????????
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I know this isn't apples to apples but the Greddy Ti-C TBE is a full 3 inch from Turbo to ti. I wouldn't make a bold claim that its better then some of the reputable shops here (like AMS or Bushcur) but it seems to be one of the better ones esp. for the money....only knocj is its a heat score (AKA loud).
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
AMS and Buschur, What is the quitest 3" exhaust?.. The closest-to-stock sound but no power restrictions at all???????????
When quiet comes up in an exhaust discussion it can normally be taken as "some type of power loss". We're not big on giving up power so we do the best we can to make the best of both worlds available within reason.

Our quietest offering for a catback would be our Magnaflow muffler option. Still only $470. It is about 4 1/2lbs heavier than the bullet system but is quieter.

As far as a complete 3" TBE from us you would do the bullet muffler "test pipe", and our Magnaflow catback. This system is quiet while not offering any restriction. This sells for $935 shipped.

We do not use any neck downs or resonator in our system and both the catback and TBE are true 3".
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

My cobb TBE is pretty quiet.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
yeah, I would not take that test to much to heart. I wholeheartedly believe the top systems are not on that listing. AMS, Buschur, etc. it almost seems like most of those are CA carb approved systems only. Could be wrong though.

Exhaust is a VERY personal thing. At the heart of it is perfomance. Fist chose a FULL 3" system that has smooth bends and at NO POINT does it neck down below 3". Second (and this is where its personal) chose a sound that you are into. Some like it loud, some like it quiet...others right between.

Eric
I've been around 2 cars with AMS TB's and they sound "just right" so that's what I went with after dipping my feet into a QTP electric cutout DP and stock exhaust (WHICH SUCKED THE BIG BANANA as the fitment to the o2 housing was mickey mouse, only ONE hanger by the cat end and the CRAPPIN' thing went pht....pht..... pht..... pht..... when closed!

The stock ex was off and the AMS on in about an hour flat. The muffler is in the middle of the bumper and it is tight up under the car...

GREAT PIECE!!!

Quick Reply: turbo mag best exhaust results?