Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope there will be a compressor wheel with an exducer between 62mm and 70mm, since that's been a common hole in the market (except for stock frame Evo turbos).

Matt
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Matt,
I'm pretty sure Geoff just stated that there will be plenty of offerings

Check out the EFR link on F-R's website. Its good stuff
Old Oct 7, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The link mentions "efr manifolds". Are the current t4 ts manifolds compatible? Are you offering different manifolds?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nucci
I really hope there will be a compressor wheel with an exducer between 62mm and 70mm, since that's been a common hole in the market (except for stock frame Evo turbos).
no disagreement! The EFR lineup focused on "filling the gaps" in the turbo world and at the same time, setting the bar higher in an already competitive market of turbos. I think the final combinations are going to be attractive for many power levels. Also, some major names outside of our small "racing/enthusiast" industry will be debuting the EFR technology at SEMA

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
The link mentions "efr manifolds". Are the current t4 ts manifolds compatible? Are you offering different manifolds?
it depends on the chassis and the turbo. For some cases like our twinscroll supra STI or Honda K series sidemounts (for the RSX or EP) the EFR will be a direct bolt on. For evo T3 the direct bolt ons will come after the "Game changers"

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Check out the EFR link on F-R's website. Its good stuff
thanks matt! I cant wait to see what Sierra Sierra and BW partnership will lead to
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

What about the evo 8 t4 ts?

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
no disagreement! The EFR lineup focused on "filling the gaps" in the turbo world and at the same time, setting the bar higher in an already competitive market of turbos. I think the final combinations are going to be attractive for many power levels. Also, some major names outside of our small "racing/enthusiast" industry will be debuting the EFR technology at SEMA

it depends on the chassis and the turbo. For some cases like our twinscroll supra STI or Honda K series sidemounts (for the RSX or EP) the EFR will be a direct bolt on. For evo T3 the direct bolt ons will come after the "Game changers"

thanks matt! I cant wait to see what Sierra Sierra and BW partnership will lead to
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
What about the evo 8 t4 ts?

will post pics of this car as soon as were allowed
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I was worried for a minute! I have that manifold and am planning on picking up a new efr. Just making sure i dont have to replace it.

Old Oct 7, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nucci

Matt
The smallest S200SX compressor wheel exducer diameter is 69.6mm.
Why would you need anything smaller than a S200SX?

There is a thread on the lancer registry forums of a guy pushing a S200SX to 2Bar or roughly 30psi and it yielded 550bhp or with an estimated 20% drivetrain loss it would be ~440whp.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Geoff, any plans of making a twin scroll DSM manifold?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Are those 1.25" ID Primaries?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Strm Trpr
The smallest S200SX compressor wheel exducer diameter is 69.6mm.
Why would you need anything smaller than a S200SX?

There is a thread on the lancer registry forums of a guy pushing a S200SX to 2Bar or roughly 30psi and it yielded 550bhp or with an estimated 20% drivetrain loss it would be ~440whp.
Not really smaller then S200SX, but some guys would rather buy an off-the-shelf turbo capable of HTA-Green like power and response, but not be stuck with the stock manifold or spending $1700 for a turbo.

This is where I am at anyway. I would love a turbo that performed like a "TME9" with an FP white compressor wheel, but I don't want the inlet/outlet setup of the EVO turbo. Still want twinscroll, but would prefer a poppet valve for a wastegate over a swing valve. The titanium turbine wheel would just be nice to knock 100-200 RPM off spool...

I know this is asking to much, but if it could be light, compact, and had a stainless turbine housing (hell, maybe even magnesium compressor housing ) I'd be sold.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Not really smaller then S200SX, but some guys would rather buy an off-the-shelf turbo capable of HTA-Green like power and response, but not be stuck with the stock manifold or spending $1700 for a turbo.

This is where I am at anyway. I would love a turbo that performed like a "TME9" with an FP white compressor wheel, but I don't want the inlet/outlet setup of the EVO turbo. Still want twinscroll, but would prefer a poppet valve for a wastegate over a swing valve. The titanium turbine wheel would just be nice to knock 100-200 RPM off spool...

I know this is asking to much, but if it could be light, compact, and had a stainless turbine housing (hell, maybe even magnesium compressor housing ) I'd be sold.
My dream rally turbo
Old Oct 7, 2010, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

03whitegsr, I see what you mean when you explain it like that.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:08 PM

While I was away, other people picked up the slack and described the same product that I'm looking for. Thanks folks!

Matt
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Kind of interesting that BW is going to intergreate the BOV into the compressor side. More info on the FR site...

Quick Reply: 2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog