Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

map o2 eliminator or......????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
map o2 eliminator or......????

okay well im looking at making some real big numbers on my IX stock turbo .... and im kinda confused on witch direction i should go to achieve the best numbers...
FIRST:
would you recomend the stock internal wg with say a forged wg actuator or
MAP Stainless Steel 38mm MVS O2 Eliminator Downpipe (http://www.maperformance.com/map-sta...s-mvs-evo.html)... please leave feedback as to why you would pick one over the other.
SECOND:
recomend a tubular manifold like fullrace or should i go with a ported mani. please leave feedback to witch one
THIRD
do you think s2's are good enough to make this kind of power or should i go a little bigger/aggressive?

like i said i am trying to produce some AWESOME numbers on stock turbo and my number one goal is 400 on straight 93 oct i plan on going sd and getting tuned by ttp
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:19 PM
Account Disabled

The MAP MVS is a great piece, its holds boost much much better than an internal.

If you've got the money go with a good tubular(FullRace, JMFab, etc), you will gain some good power over a ported stocker.

The new GSC S2 model looks promising and you could achieve your goal with them.

Good luck

btw what are your other mods? 400whp on a dynojet is an achievable goal but you'll need a more than just regular bolt-ons to get there.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
leave everything stock

bolt on a used red and you will be there
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by localtoys73
leave everything stock

Or that, but I can understand what the OP is trying to do by reaching a goal that seems hard for others and if he has a great set-up on the stock turbo, when he does decide to bolt-on something bigger his numbers will be awesome

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have been reading allot of good things about the new s2s, i would have picked them up if i didnt get a great deal on some kelfords
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by localtoys73
leave everything stock

this isnt my first rodeo as far as high hp evo(look at sig) im wanting to go stock turbo.... i know i could bolt on a red and be there but what fun is that who knows mabey ill grab the pumpgas record

Originally Posted by ASAPPerformance
Or that, but I can understand what the OP is trying to do by reaching a goal that seems hard for others and if he has a great set-up on the stock turbo, when he does decide to bolt-on something bigger his numbers will be awesome

Thanks
couldnt say it any better.. i want to reach a goal that others seems impossible.... then down the road i can throw a red or black on

Last edited by Mike.p; Jan 27, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^Good luck...I think the pump gas record is 11.2...
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

^^^i wouldnt be so sure, since the FPRed on is 10.9, I dont see the stock turbo on pump coming anywhere close to those numbers.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

^i ran 12.01's on my old evo VIII stock 9.8 hotside. so i think 11.2 on a IX making 400+ is possible...... all about the driver but any way back on topic... i like the whole tubular mani and external waistgate but that kinda gets away from the "stock" look i kinda want to keep.. how much power would be lost in going with a ported stock mani and internal wg with forge actuator? i will also be usings maps ported exhaust housing just fyi.

Last edited by Mike.p; Jan 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
okay well im looking at making some real big numbers on my IX stock turbo .... and im kinda confused on witch direction i should go to achieve the best numbers...
FIRST:
MAP Stainless Steel 38mm MVS O2 Eliminator Downpipe (http://www.maperformance.com/map-sta...s-mvs-evo.html)... please leave feedback as to why you would pick one over the other.
SECOND:
recomend a tubular manifold like fullrace or should i go with a ported mani. please leave feedback to witch one
THIRD
do you think s2's are good enough to make this kind of power or should i go a little bigger/aggressive?

like i said i am trying to produce some AWESOME numbers on stock turbo and my number one goal is 400 on straight 93 oct i plan on going sd and getting tuned by ttp
1.Stay internal gate, go with an upgraded actuator if you'd like. From my personal experience I do not believe they do much. Turbo's have limits, as you try to raise the boost at high RPM the PR starts raising exponentially. A wheel will flow what it flows, you can throw more exhaust gas at it but its not going to make much more than a hot mess. Show me a test that says I'm wrong, talking VIII+IX's here.
2.Tubular manifolds will gain you some power up top sacrificing some mid range. Full-Race, JMF and I believe Shearer offer nice pieces. Won't give you great bang for your buck.
3.S2's should be plenty for your setup. I would stick with them unless you have a money tree in your backyard waiting to be picked.

Originally Posted by ASAPPerformance
The MAP MVS is a great piece, its holds boost much much better than an internal.
You have any evidence of this? I'm not buying it until I see something. The W/G is not the biggest restriction and considering that as you try to run more and more boost, less exhaust gas is going through the w/g makes it even less of a restriction. Now if you're saying the spring pressure is greater which makes it harder to force the gate open which holds boost better, you could easily make that up by getting a new actuator.

Oh and to the OP, Not trying to discourage you, but 12.01 and 11.2 are worlds apart. Good luck!
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
Oh and to the OP, Not trying to discourage you, but 12.01 and 11.2 are worlds apart. Good luck!
thanks for the input!! and as far as this^^ trust me i know..

Last edited by Mike.p; Jan 27, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

bump for some more info/feedback
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike.p
FIRST:
SECOND:
THIRD

We have seen our best results with a shearer O2 dump. I would pass on the rest. All I have seen is poor units that leak exhaust at idle and throw off both the car's AFR for short term fuel trims as well as the wideband used to tune the vehicle with.

We have only seen one car break 400whp on 93 here and it was using a 4" ETS FMIC.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Boltz.
You have any evidence of this?
Not really, I just talked to my buddy who switched from the FP 25psi WGA and EPM 02 dump to the MVS and he loves it, he said he can hold 2-3psi more than his previous set-up which was already great. I guess someone should test it out though.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We have seen our best results with a shearer O2 dump. I would pass on the rest. All I have seen is poor units that leak exhaust at idle and throw off both the car's AFR for short term fuel trims as well as the wideband used to tune the vehicle with.

We have only seen one car break 400whp on 93 here and it was using a 4" ETS FMIC.
what kind of boost was being used?? what was his other mods? i plan on having ported tb, ported intake, ported turbo exhaust housing, and all the other bolt ons. would u suggest a forged wg actuator also?