Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mods list, let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2003, 01:45 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods list, let me know what you think

Okay I have been thinking it over what I want to do on my car, and I think I also called every vendor a few times. :-) and here is the list that I came up with

Buschur Turbo back with high flow cat
Xede Computer with flash when it comes out
264 / 272 cams
cam gears
Buschur intake
Buschur MAS pipe
Buschur Mini Battery
Buschur FMIC
Exedy twin clutch

Total power 350WHP?

The ONLY thing I am not 100% on is the computer. I like the xede but it does not play well with a intake from what I read, but I like all the maps that I can change when I want. I also like the different maps for different kind of gas, such as 100 oct for a track day. If you can think of doing something better PLEASE let me know. I am not a pro with this car and it's my 1st 4 banger turbo.

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

what i would do is let al do your computer
get 272 cams cause ams said they yield more power
and get rid of the cat and go complete turbo back
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

You don't really need a twin disc clutch if you're only going to be making 350 HP. The Exedy single disc clutch can hold up to 400 HP and is designed for lightly modified cars (I consider your list a light modifications list). Plus, it's more streetable than a twin disc clutch. Unless you plan on a bigger turbo or something of that nature in the future, then a single disc clutch is enough.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

anything sounds like a plan to me, Heck, its more than I have for mine...
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
In Timeout

Well what I am tring to get at is when you do this, this, and this you end up with this much HP.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:17 PM
In Timeout

I am going with the 264 / 272 because that is what shiv is making a map for, down the road I may change it when I go AEM and bigger turbo but right now I am going to stick with this I think.

Originally posted by evoinit
what i would do is let al do your computer
get 272 cams cause ams said they yield more power
and get rid of the cat and go complete turbo back
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:18 PM
In Timeout

I will be doing a bigger turbo down the road. Also I don't want to pay the $700 labor 2 times.

Originally posted by HIGH REV
You don't really need a twin disc clutch if you're only going to be making 350 HP. The Exedy single disc clutch can hold up to 400 HP and is designed for lightly modified cars (I consider your list a light modifications list). Plus, it's more streetable than a twin disc clutch. Unless you plan on a bigger turbo or something of that nature in the future, then a single disc clutch is enough.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Please note: You CAN run an intake with the XEDE. The only thing I don't recommend is relying on the baseline maps (which are posted on the website) when running an intake.

The MAF disturbances that aftermarket intakes have shown to induce will require custom tuning (on the dyno preferably) to compensate for. It's really easy to do and certainly worth doing if you must have an intake.

my 2c,
shiv
Old Nov 2, 2003, 03:00 PM
In Timeout

hmm, anyway I could goto a dyno and data log it and send it to you? I will pay you for your time. Also do you see any power gains with a intake? And if I have to I could keep it stock.

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
Please note: You CAN run an intake with the XEDE. The only thing I don't recommend is relying on the baseline maps (which are posted on the website) when running an intake.

The MAF disturbances that aftermarket intakes have shown to induce will require custom tuning (on the dyno preferably) to compensate for. It's really easy to do and certainly worth doing if you must have an intake.

my 2c,
shiv
Old Nov 2, 2003, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

$700 labour?????
wow!
that is plenty.Here in Trinidad we pay $200 tops.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I guess its all good... but your name is 2f2f... that nullifies that you have a fast car.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by HIGH REV
actually a twin disk setup will be more streetable... it will allow for more slipping of the clutch, whereas a single like the Cusco / Exedy will not...

someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Last edited by Diesel; Nov 2, 2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 05:12 PM
In Timeout

I though the name would be funny, never did see the movie or knew anything about the evo till I drove one.

Originally posted by YellwTyper
I guess its all good... but your name is 2f2f... that nullifies that you have a fast car.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

lol... my bad mang... I'm just trying to lighten up myself in these bad times. Mods definately will gain some numbers though.
Old Nov 2, 2003, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Diesel

actually a twin disk setup will be more streetable... it will allow for more slipping of the clutch, whereas a single like the Cusco / Exedy will not...

someone correct me if i'm wrong...
Actually, a twin disc will be harder to slip than a single disc. I actually had the liberty of test driving a car equipped with a twin disc (HKS) and compared to the Exedy single disc (which I have), you can really tell the difference just by pedal effort alone. The single disc just seems easier to drive on the street.

"These types of clutches are like on and off switches; although the clutch can hold a lot of torque, they don't work too well for the street." - Robert Choo, Senior Techinical Editor, Turbo Magazine, on twin disc and triple disc setups

Quick Reply: Mods list, let me know what you think