Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2.0L 4G63 or 2.4L 4g64

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I've desided that i'm going with the Standard 2.4L build. Its going to be awhile till its done, got to budget or the woman will kill me. Should be done with in the next 6 months I imagine. I cant wait!!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

i hope someday i can get a 2.4 block...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
all you have to do is save up then you too can have a 2.4 block saving is the key will take some time but you will get there if you save up and not spend spend spend everytime you get money
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

I currently have a keep the change account that is my car fund. So everytime I use my debt card it puts a little bit of money into the account. Its just rounds all my purchase up to the nearest dollar. Its pretty cool, and of course i put extra money into the account as well

Last edited by Enzo1089; Sep 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
all you have to do is save up then you too can have a 2.4 block saving is the key will take some time but you will get there if you save up and not spend spend spend everytime you get money
or loans
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

oh lord, please tell me you are kidding me?!

Loans to pay for modifications?! a reason why the world is in trouble, LOL.... save up and pay cash or put it on a credit card if you MUST....

You need to learn if you can't pay cash for it, you MUST not need it.

the only time i would agree with you is if you just had a major break down and there was no time to figure it out.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8

Loans to pay for modifications?! a reason why the world is in trouble, LOL.... save up and pay cash or put it on a credit card if you MUST....

the only time i would agree with you is if you just had a major break down and there was no time to figure it out.
AGREED DO NOT TAKE OUT LOANS FOR MODS just puts you behind the power curve with other things you might have to take a loan out for. I have all my parts PAID OFF I OWN THEM nothing is loaned or on credit card etc. I would not even recommend using a credit card just save up pay it off then and there and your free and clear.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm i was thinking about taking out a 10k loan for longblock,5sp trans & twin clutch along with so other mods, anything over 10k ill be taking out of pocket..

so its a bad idea huh ??
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
hmm i was thinking about taking out a 10k loan for longblock,5sp trans & twin clutch along with so other mods, anything over 10k ill be taking out of pocket..

so its a bad idea huh ??
I would recommend to pay cash for all modifications or put some on credit. Lets say something goes wrong with what you bought( tanny goes out, spun rod bearing, ect) now not only do you need to save to buy new parts or take out another loan but you also have to pay-off the monthly amount for the previous loan. Just something to think about.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i was being sarcastic lol
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u

so its a bad idea huh ??
never do that its completely stupid and on top of that again what if you need to take out a loan for something legit you cant because your credit is already extended as it is. On top of that as stated already it could blow up in your face with bad parts or bad crank etc then you still have to have money to pay somebody to install this bad boy so i mean your looking at 3500 block 1800 built head about 2000 in misc parts(oil pump HG waterpump etc) thats 7300 in parts alone labor is going ot be like 2500 and up so your looking at barely covering just the long block with installation cost again if something goes wrong you have to pay out of pocket now but then you have another loan might as well say another half of a carpayment you cant get rid of. Not to mention if your car is not paid off you still have your carnote insurance and your other daily bills as well. YOu created another 3-5 year of payments to mod your car you might not even have for another 2yrs possibly, not worth it just save up and pay **** off one and done for mods. i could understand if you payed for all parts then put all the labor on a credit card that would not be bad for you to do a loan or credit card for all of it is sucide at a early age

Last edited by RockmanX; Sep 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

You could actually get better interest rates on a loan verse a credit card with 20+% interest.

Originally Posted by 2003lancerevo8

Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3gEclipseTurbo
You could actually get better interest rates on a loan verse a credit card with 20+% interest.
yes sir you are correct but the best method is to NO DO EITHER and save and pay it off so you owe nobody
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys,

I'm getting my block next week to start building and I need to know if its a 8g (99-03) galant block i'm looking for or a later year. I need to be 100% sure. Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

ER LR2.4 spin to 8500 all day long! You will love it and no one needs to spin higher than 8500.

Mikey

Quick Reply: 2.0L 4G63 or 2.4L 4g64