Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing baffled oil pans and other oil control.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing baffled oil pans and other oil control.

This has been a long over due product to release on our end.

We have seen some indications of wear and such on cars that pull high G's, in cornering and straight line acceleration mostly. One of the shops we are very close to did some data logging to find the oil pressure dropping drastically in these conditions and it was narrowed down to the oil pump pick up being uncovered and run out of oil briefly on the initial launch of the car.

The solution was to make a baffled oil pan to keep the oil around the pick up.

So brings me to the baffled oil pan. We have machined and placed a baffle in the oil pan to keep the oil around the pick up. The pan is stock, OEM Mitsubishi with the baffle placed in the pan. We can send out a brand new pan or you can send your pan to us to modify.

Here is a picture of the pan:

A new pan is $329 modified and modifying a current pan is $150.

There are a few more products that can be added to help keep the oil in the pan. One being a crank scraper ($69) which we also offer and the Kiggly oil pressure regulator ($150) for the cylinder head.

I believe the combination of these parts is great for anyone who is going to push the limits of their car in cornering or acceleration.

Does an 11 second EVO need it to be drag raced? I'd say no, definetely not. Where is the limit? I'd guess somewhere in the 9 second range it is something to consider. A car running 8's and pulling low 1.40 sixty foot times or better it is something that should not be over looked.

If your car is really hooked up on race tires and you are autocrossing or road racing it, this is also something I'd consider.

I am currently building two new engines, long blocks, for two projects I am doing, both of them have all of these tricks and few more in them.

Keeping the oil in the pan and off the crank has good benefits for making more horsepower too, so it's a win-win.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just thinking about this the other day and what oil pan options there were. Is capacity increased at all?

Looks functional as well as affordable!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll definitely look into one of these when I build mine. Love the fact that it will still have that OEM fit and finish.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

No, the amount of oil in the pan is not increased, it is a stock oil pan. The only difference is the baffling to keep the oil where it needs to be.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
good product. and two thumbs up for when its needed..
Old Sep 16, 2010, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks good Dave, I want one.

Whats the turn around time if I send my pan in?

Fathouse
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
awesome as always david!

emailing nick now to update my build list, adding this to the list as well.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Good stuff.

Might have to look into on my next trip up there.

Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyway to get some better photos of the pan? The logo and the font below are larger then the photo! Haha. Nice to have more options.

-Jalal
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Im from the west coast (Cali). If we ship ground to you, what the turn around time from the moment we order/ship to when we receive it back again? Im hoping 2 weeks maximum. Do you allow charging for core, we send our pan to you for the credit back. Is that doable?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

great idea!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice job Dave. I would love to see a review with some road race data... Not doubting the product, I'm just looking for data. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Nickz120 (Apr 10, 2016)
Old Sep 16, 2010, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey dave. can we get more info on this crank scraper thingy. i never heard of it. what does it do and do you have a pic?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

The picture is more detailed than I wanted it already, so no I will not post detailed pictures.

If your pan is clean when it gets to our shop it will be just 2-3 days. If the pan is filthy then it can take up to two weeks at the most.

The crank scraper bolts to the main girdle, we resell it, we don't produce it. Depending on the engine combination it fits without modifications. Standard steel rods in a 2 liter it generally bolts in no mods. Aluminum rods it needs a lot of modification to work....ask me how I know, haha. Stroked I have not spent the time to see if it's even possible. It is not meant to fit the 4g64 block at all.

I do not have an option for core swaps on these, I se too many junk oil pans and any we have are new, taken off new engines are mint. Sorry. If you send in a good, clean pan though we can don this and turn it around fast.

Thanks for the interest.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I Will def be buying one before the winter is over, def going on the engine build.

Last edited by Teal2nnr; Sep 16, 2010 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing baffled oil pans and other oil control.