Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad Bish, episode XXX, picture and new build thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Lillev23, yep that's all it is......
Old Feb 1, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I've never used R&R rods, at this point I see no reason to swap and try something new. I know the Manleys will take anything I throw at them, so I'll take the 60 grams of weight.
David,

What are your thoughts on Carillo Pro H-Beam Rods with Carrillo rod bolts that weigh 567g and handle 1000+ hp? These can be custom ordered in a 156mm or 159mm at no additional cost. I realize that you are familiar with the manley's and don't want to try something new, but isn't this whole long rod High revving stroker motor new in itself? I think it was Kouzman who used them in his build and said they revved amazing. These would be over 100g lighter. Carillo is a top name in the industry. Here's their catalog:

http://www.cp-carrillo.com/LinkClick...iI%3d&tabid=82 go to page 24
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant wait to see how the car runs in 2011.. Looks like a lot of sick new parts going into the ever evolving bish.. Good luck Dave!!!!

Mike
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice writeup as always Dave. The bad bish is looking better then ever. I like the new wheels, and i dont remember seeing a lip on it before either? I need to get those seats for my car also.

Did you notice any difference in vibration from that passenger side engine mount? It does look way nicer then stock mount for sure.

Very interested in seeing how this new stroker does.

Thanks for offering such great engines to the evo community!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This race season can't get here fast enough! We have been hard at work lately trying to get everything ready too. The shootout will be here before we know it.

As I said before, The car looks great as always!

See you soon.
-Em
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent write up Dave and as always great job on the R&D work ! I look forward to seeing the Bad Bish back in action , Best of luck on your goals for the season!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Then enlighten us on what's so different about it. I noticed you didn't really give any other specs on the stroke or length of the rod. Or any hint to the recipe of the secret sauce. Which would leave one to believe that's exactly what it is, a stroker with a billet crank.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Will be interesting to see the dyno difference between the 2.3 and 2.0. The 2.3 sure feels a lot better!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:16 PM

awesome cant wait to see the bad bish and curts car out this year. the first day of norwalk I have always had good success with track prep fresh track and seems like they prep the hell out of it. April 16th from 10am-8pm cant come soon enough
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hahah...Top Secret!! I am definitely looking forward to dyno & track results from from of you guys on the new motor setup!! The 2011 season is going to be ridiculous, tons of fast car. BTW DB, what does Bad Bish weigh now without you in it??
Old Feb 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Curt, myself and Ron G., all have these as of right now. Ron is local and is running an Fp Red, Curt the FP HTA Green and my car with the HTA86. Curt has put about 200 miles on his so far and says it's ridiculous!

I sold the dog box the same night we ran the car at the track. It was no benefit over the standard trans I had in my car. No need for a sequential shifter either.

Yes the engine will be on the site, I'd like to gets some solid results from it first but can build them now. Price with a good block core is going to be about $4800, there's nothing cheap about building this engine.
how much to add oil squirters to the motor?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TIGERJC
how much to add oil squirters to the motor?
It's a 2.0 block, oil squirters are there already.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by mayberry
Then enlighten us on what's so different about it. I noticed you didn't really give any other specs on the stroke or length of the rod. Or any hint to the recipe of the secret sauce. Which would leave one to believe that's exactly what it is, a stroker with a billet crank.
Why would a vendor put a bunch of R&D into something, then give out all the specs before it's even tested? There's nothing wrong with keeping things to yourself, that's called business 101.

Can't wait to see how this thing performs!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:19 PM

Very nice.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
It's a 2.0 block, oil squirters are there already.
Thanks, I must have missed that. I can't wait to see the results on this motor since I have a blown motor, and will be building the car in the spring. I been thinking of going the LR 2.4 46G4 route but I would prefer to keep the 46g3 if I can still get somewhat close to the longevity and revs of out it like the 46g4

Last edited by TIGERJC; Feb 1, 2011 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad Bish, episode XXX, picture and new build thread