Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Turbo rebuild wait time.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP Turbo rebuild wait time.

Hello,

I recently spoke with the people at FP and they told me that they would take about 2-3 weeks to rebuild it and send it back. However, I recently spoke about it with some of the reputable shops here and they told me they have been waiting for months on some rebuilds . If any of you guys have sent a turbo to FP for a rebuild please chime in. Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

I waited 3.5 months for my black conversion.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My buddy sent his green in for a rebuild and still hasn't gotten it back. Has been at least 4 months now.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was quoted a 2-3 week turn around for a HTA upgrade a few years ago. The upgrade took ~2 months in total.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Wow... Seems like thats the actual waiting time 3-4 months... That's crazy
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

there is always the cbrd option..
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:25 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

and this is what makes me not want to buy my black :/
Old Feb 4, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by milford
blouch builds the bbk for cbrd...chad told me I would have to deal directly with blouch to have a stock turbo converted. cbrd has a great customer service reputation...I can't say the same for blouch...never dealt with them and don't know too many that have.

Hence the reason I went with FP, because they convert oem to FP turbos all the time and it's no big deal if ur willing to wait. I was also quoted 2-3 weeks when I called. I just sent mine to them last week to convert to green, so we'll see how long it takes.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milford
I sent my blown BBK Full in to be converted to an HTA Green and it was ~ 3weeks. I think it probably depends on the upgrade (green vs red vs black) and how much was destroyed with the turbo being sent in....

As for Blouch - awful experience...I sent the turbo to them first and they said it could not be repaired....Never again will I waste my time or money with Blouch.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by YogSaahoth
blouch builds the bbk for cbrd...chad told me I would have to deal directly with blouch to have a stock turbo converted. cbrd has a great customer service reputation...I can't say the same for blouch...never dealt with them and don't know too many that have.
If you are converting a turbo to a BBK you would deal with us, not blouch.

We would issue you a shipping addy and RMA number and everything goes through us.

Cij911 was an unfortunate situation where I was away for a week, and he had to deal direct with blouch and there was quite a bit of miscommunication between the three parties (us being one of them, so I take some of the blame)

regardless, if there is anything we can do, let me know.

cb
Old Feb 6, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
If you are converting a turbo to a BBK you would deal with us, not blouch.

We would issue you a shipping addy and RMA number and everything goes through us.

Cij911 was an unfortunate situation where I was away for a week, and he had to deal direct with blouch and there was quite a bit of miscommunication between the three parties (us being one of them, so I take some of the blame)

regardless, if there is anything we can do, let me know.

cb
Hey Chad I sent you a PM! Can I convert my blown red to a BBK? Please let me know.

Guys, thanks alot for the info!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Don Q
Hey Chad I sent you a PM! Can I convert my blown red to a BBK? Please let me know.

Guys, thanks alot for the info!
I know it took several months for my Red from FP as it does not matter the damage really as long as the its not grenaded lol. The Red & Black take the longest to do as its the larger turbine wheels and shafts that are used as where the green is not as large. If you think about it the Red has the internals of the 30r in a 16g housing and the Black the internals of a 35r as far as flow thus more machine work. You will be happy with CBRD or FP I personaly wanted a Red due to more power gains imo.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Sent mine on a tuesday and received it back on the following thursday but then againI know aniel .
Old Oct 20, 2017, 07:44 PM

Hi all,

sorry to dig up this thread. i am driving evo9 am on fp black journal bearing for 2 months before it failed on me on highway doing 230km/h boosting 2.3bar. was on garret gt37 but it is not allowed at my country. Im planing to rebuild the FP black to either Owen or FP.
My question is, FP seems to be not interesed with rebuilding their own turbos, i have emailed them couple of times since last week but no reply.
I have emailed owen however, they push back to the local distributor. They were unable to give quote.

I wish to know if its worth rebuilding or just get a brand new turbo. TIA
Old Oct 26, 2017, 07:49 PM

anyone?

Quick Reply: FP Turbo rebuild wait time.