Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review of my RnR Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good opinion. We don't have the common sense to make a 500whp EVO in one month.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by turbo20lbs

Does Walmart replace blown fuses on the power supplys of Sony TVs with paper clips that we're returned by customers? Then put them back on their shelves to be sold?

Anyways, the point is Ryan posted a thread wondering why his red turbo wasn't pulling as hard as it should. He basically blamed the turbo, and then later mentioned:

"I switched the valves in my head to SS valves without getting a new valve job done on the head. Do you think this could be part of the problem? "

GEE I WONDER IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT

Anyways, this is very BASIC knowledge that you don't just swap valves without getting a valve job, it was very frightening to hear that a VENDOR that advertised head work, fell short on his education. Not to mention he was blaming the FP turbo, for such a novice mistake.

Pretty lame IMO. If it was just a DSM enthusiast, that would be one thing, but at the time that this happened, RnR was advertising head work on their site.

See for yourself in the thread:

http://www.teamnabr.com/ubbpub/ultim...=002980#000000
dude i've already read that thread, almost 2 years ago when it was created. No Walmart doesn't replace fuses with paperclips. They don't even work on the things. They just sell them. Just like Ryan would sell a head. Either my simple vocabulary was to extensive for you, or you're borderline illeterate. I used Walmart as a metaphor to make a point. Get a boyfriend or sumthin dude, instead of signing up on this forum just to add remarks to one post.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by me612

dude i've already read that thread, almost 2 years ago when it was created. No Walmart doesn't replace fuses with paperclips. They don't even work on the things. They just sell them. Just like Ryan would sell a head. Either my simple vocabulary was to extensive for you, or you're borderline illeterate. I used Walmart as a metaphor to make a point. Get a boyfriend or sumthin dude, instead of signing up on this forum just to add remarks to one post.
I didn't mean the Walmart reply literally, it's just Walmart and TVs has nothing to do with what happened with the head. Like mentioned earlier, it's more of a common sense issue.

I didn't care to join to post till I saw u4ia comment on the incident and YOU fail to "see his point".

Look I don't have anything against Ryan or you, I don't know either of you. But that whole RnR just throwing in valves thing and not considering it part of the power problem is just hard to forget.

You don't see something wrong with a shop making such a novice move on one of their own cars and not considering it part of the problem right off the bat?
I understand Ryan was doing this in a hurry to make a race, and I don't think he would do this to a customers head. Still, it throws up a red flag on their experience level as a shop.

BTW I already have a GIRLfriend DUDE, ask anyone on NABR just how ugly she is too
Old Jan 9, 2004, 03:54 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by RnR Racing
Good opinion. We don't have the common sense to make a 500whp EVO in one month.
Speaking of 500whp you got that 22 psi 493whp pump gas dyno sheet you have been promising to post for almost 2 months.

Old Jan 9, 2004, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by turbo20lbs

I didn't mean the Walmart reply literally, it's just Walmart and TVs has nothing to do with what happened with the head. Like mentioned earlier, it's more of a common sense issue.

I didn't care to join to post till I saw u4ia comment on the incident and YOU fail to "see his point".

Look I don't have anything against Ryan or you, I don't know either of you. But that whole RnR just throwing in valves thing and not considering it part of the power problem is just hard to forget.

You don't see something wrong with a shop making such a novice move on one of their own cars and not considering it part of the problem right off the bat?
I understand Ryan was doing this in a hurry to make a race, and I don't think he would do this to a customers head. Still, it throws up a red flag on their experience level as a shop.

BTW I already have a GIRLfriend DUDE, ask anyone on NABR just how ugly she is too
yes i think it is a major thing to overlook. Obviously sumthin was wrong with his decision on that. But he is human, he does make mistakes, and LEARN from them as well. That thread was created a long time ago. He also does not do the actual head work himself, so one should not worry about that. I don't really know u, my bad for kinda jumpin on u, i apologize. I just am seriouslly sick of this thread. Barry and I pretty much started this thread due to a bad experience we had, but it has since then, been corrected. Barry got his new exhaust and loves it. Everything worked out great in the end. I seriouslly think this thread needs to be locked or sumthin, its gettin real old and is turning me into a smart ***. im normally pretty chill. anyway, im going to sleep, soccer wore my *** out. can't we all just be happy!
Old Jan 9, 2004, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

p.s. sorry if your girlfriend is ugly, mine just kicked me to the curb 1 1/2 weeks ago, dumb *****, now she prank calls me like 3 times a day. anyone have a spud gun?
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

She prank calls you!!!! That's dumb. What's her problem.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 07:22 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Ok, I think this one has gotten far out of control. Closed for now.

Mark