Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Been thinking about my next build...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been thinking about my next build...

So as some of you may know me and my former Evo, you could probably figure that I'm nowhere near done in the Evo community. I'm hoping to get this new job and should be making quite a bit of money. When I do I'll start a new build. I pretty much have everything in order but I'm wondering about some opinions of the differences in blocks, heads and transmissions.

So far I owned a MAP built 2.4 and head but I was wondering about some of the others out there. I'd like to build a 2.3 (to make things a little easier on myself) so should I stick with MAP or move to another builder?

Can some of you with Buschur or AMS blocks and or heads comment on the motor and what power you're making with your setup? What would you suggest or what would you have done otherwise? Likes, dislikes etc. Same with the heads too.

Transmissions are a different story and we all know the big 3 here. Buschur's Bushwacker, TRE and Shep's Ultimate. I'd like to get some insight and opinions on these as well.

I lurk and search quite a bit and have found some decent info but I figured the thread would allow people to make more specific comments. Even if they are along the lines of.... "Buschur 2.0 block, Buschur head and TRE transmission, enough said." I'd like to hear the opinions and why. Thanks
Old May 21, 2011, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

bump for info
Old May 23, 2011, 06:34 PM

go for it!!
Old May 23, 2011, 11:14 PM

really the 2.4l would be your best bet. the OEM 4g63 is really only good for 2.0l. otherwise stick with the 4g64 block for the better deck height and bore size without too much material being removed.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hmmm interesting i have heard good and bad things about alot of companies really just depends on what internals you want to be honest. Really just about price how much do you want to pay. I would say get another 2.4 there are alot more companies that are making the 2.4 now. as for built head buschur is one of the best for the money hands down but dont forget about headgames they have alot of pricing packages now.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

After having the 2.4 already, I'm really leaning in that direction again. I'd like to go with a 2.3l but I think with my end goals, the 2.4 will better suit my needs. I've heard about headgames but haven't looked into them yet. Rock, to be honest bro with this new job, money isn't really a concern. I figure I'll put somewhere in the range of 20k under the hood. I wanna reach around 700 - 750 wheel.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnEVO
After having the 2.4 already, I'm really leaning in that direction again. I'd like to go with a 2.3l but I think with my end goals, the 2.4 will better suit my needs. I've heard about headgames but haven't looked into them yet. Rock, to be honest bro with this new job, money isn't really a concern. I figure I'll put somewhere in the range of 20k under the hood. I wanna reach around 700 - 750 wheel.
Damn, must be nice...haha...Mind me asking what the new job may be? If you went for a 2.3, I would go with Buschur's new high RPM 2.3...there have been some great results from it so far.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Damn, must be nice...haha...Mind me asking what the new job may be? If you went for a 2.3, I would go with Buschur's new high RPM 2.3...there have been some great results from it so far.
Triple Canopy, 160k contract. I'm really curious about AMS's 2.1l too. I think it's probably going to boil down to Buschur's 2.3l or AMS's 2.1 I still haven't really gotten too much feedback with AMS motors but I know just about everything else they make is top notch.

Here's my idea so far.
AMS 2.1 or Buschur 2.3
Buschur head or Headgames (just checked em out)
TRE or Shep Trans
AMS 900x Kit

and a mix of Buschur and AMS products throughout