Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review of CBRD BBK Full Turbo vs. FP Green

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Another update - Over the past month I ran the Oscoda ProSolo, Toledo National Tour, and NASA TT event at Autobahn. I can honestly say that this is the best all around turbo out there. It makes huge power, quick power, tons of torque, fast recovery time between shifts. For anyone wanting a turbo that is easy and fun to drive on the streets, great for autocross, and killer on the road course - THE BBK FULL is what you are looking for.

With the BBK Full and a great E85 tune from Pure Tuning I was able to set a new NASA TTR track record at Autobahn South Course this past weekend. Other than 3 laps around the track when I visited with One Lap of America - this was my first time driving Autobahn. With some more seat time on this track I could probably pick up another second or two.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im really looking forward to getting my car back together with this turbo on my 2.3. I think it will make for a great AutoX powerband.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
thats great news! that is what this turbo was designed for, from what i have heard anyway i know i'm happy with mine!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Another update - Over the past month I ran the Oscoda ProSolo, Toledo National Tour, and NASA TT event at Autobahn. I can honestly say that this is the best all around turbo out there. It makes huge power, quick power, tons of torque, fast recovery time between shifts. For anyone wanting a turbo that is easy and fun to drive on the streets, great for autocross, and killer on the road course - THE BBK FULL is what you are looking for.

With the BBK Full and a great E85 tune from Pure Tuning I was able to set a new NASA TTR track record at Autobahn South Course this past weekend. Other than 3 laps around the track when I visited with One Lap of America - this was my first time driving Autobahn. With some more seat time on this track I could probably pick up another second or two.
Hell yeah!

Having driven a couple more days on Summit Main at this years HyperFest I totally agree with you. Excellent turbo for road course/autox/street. I love my BBK-Full!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:59 AM

Wow this is a great thread. Lots of great information! GL OP with your car!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought I would chime in as I had driven this car with the old green and was the co-driver during One Lap of America.

GREEN: I had always had a hard time driving this car on the FP green turbo. The surging made the car not fun and hard to control. Jarrod had learned to drive around it over time but I didn’t have anywhere as much seat time in as he did.

BBK full: A truly amazing turbo! Spools sooooo fast, I mean as soon as your foot is on the gas the turbo is spooled. Great power everywhere in the power band. I drove this car about 1500 highway miles and I didn’t have to think of the turbo one time. No down shifting, no lag, NO surging, it was like driving a stock turbo evo! The large power band also saved me from having to make extra shifts on the road courses which is a huge plus!

If you are looking to upgrade turbos take a hard look at the BBK full as it is one of the best turbos out there!
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:40 PM

Has anyone ran this turbo in the 1/4's? It's amazing to me that the green ran 10.9... I'd love to see how much better the BBK ran!

Last edited by Only1Balto; Jul 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

there has been a few in the 11's and AWD used it on "project bastard" and got a 10.2 @136 with 552hp/552tq on e85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xBFdEamW8
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Mine gets here tomorrow....... will be put on Friday with my kelfords, injectors, kiggly hla, and cop!!! * GRINNING EAR 2 EAR.......*
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

you're going to love it!!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with

ImageShack.us

Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by YMCMB
Not really there's been post on here of owners taking the fp turbos there for install and tune and the turbos were physically taken apart and measured and this was all before the bbk turbo was ever released. I'm not knocking cbrd the bbk has proven itself I'm just saying I don't think the op comparison was a legit one. Also the op is comparing the orginal fpgreen to the bbk.
I would have to agree. I would like to see a hta green vs bbk
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by poof83grt
I would have to agree. I would like to see a hta green vs bbk
On that note, if we want a "fair" comparison.... shouldn't we be comparing the bbk-b to the hta green then? As they both came out at the same time?

If we're comparing the bbk full to the hta green..... well then that has the same argument your using for the green!?!?!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7
On that note, if we want a "fair" comparison.... shouldn't we be comparing the bbk-b to the hta green then? As they both came out at the same time?

If we're comparing the bbk full to the hta green..... well then that has the same argument your using for the green!?!?!
To some extent its silly regardless... they aren't direct competitors, they have different intended flows, and different design. You have to pick the one that is right for your intended purpose, not the one that is "the best" because there isn't a turbo that provides the best performance in all situations. For MY intended purpose, the BBK-Full is excellent... that doesn't mean that the FP Green/Purple/Zebra Striped isn't an excellent turbo for its intended flow rate and spool characteristics.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

LMAO zebra striped........ I want THAT one.

Quick Reply: Review of CBRD BBK Full Turbo vs. FP Green