Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help heavy vibrate on accelerate

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help heavy vibrate on accelerate

So I don't know where to start, I was getting off highway today. I noticed a vibrate under acceleration. I drove to work about 2miles easy. I worked for 12 hours the on thevway home I didn't notice it, but I was easy on the throttle. Wen I pulled off highway to come home about 35 miles i accelerated from off ramp I noticed it right away. It drives fine until I hard accelerate like build 12 psi or higher. If I ease into it, it's not that bad but if I hard accelerate it's pretty bad the noise/ feeling is more in the front of the car. I bought it in nov the dealer put a new clutch in it. I changed the oil in the transfer case and rear diff. Please help
Old May 24, 2011, 04:33 PM

Ok went out to drive if I put my car at the bottom of my drive and go up it I get a bad noise/ vibrate, but if I back up it doesn't make the noise. I basically back up the hill and damn near dumped the clutch and no noise/vibrate? What now?
Old May 24, 2011, 06:42 PM

If it was the clutch/ throwout bearing wouldn't it do it in reverse? It goes into gear pretty smoothly
Old May 25, 2011, 06:24 AM

I don't believe it's the cult never slipped at all and is fairly new is there a possibility that it is a carrier bearing?? Sorry guys super Noob
Old May 25, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I'd suggest a weak coil that isn't providing enough spark to fire it's two cylinders when you get on it.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:28 PM

It sounds worse than a misfire I think it's getting worse every time I try to hear where it's coming from
Old May 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Maybe you misunderstand, I didn't mean a misfire, I mean 2 cylinders dropping out because the coil is unable to fire the plugs. Air is an insulator so the more you cram into a cylinder the harder it would be for a weak coil to fire the plugs. I think losing half your engine would be quite noticeable.
Old May 25, 2011, 12:48 PM

Yes I agree with you worse than a misfire is there a way to check them? Also as the noises is there it still builds boost fine. The noise itself is louder more vibrating but it is the probably the worst starting in first up a hill
Old May 25, 2011, 03:05 PM

So it feels like the front diff possibly or the center diff? I vibrates bad but still boosts fine if I'm easy on it it doesn't do it at all and it will not do it backing up
Old May 26, 2011, 05:18 AM

I hate to take this to mitsu because the one near me will just throw parts at it any good shop in northwest Indiana or Chicagoland? Im at a loss and it literally is keeping up at night in fear hair much this is going to cost
Old May 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Are you sure the vibration is coming from the motor? I had a bad vibration on acceleration and it was my ball joint and lower control arm bushing. when I accelerated it took the weight off the front of the car which caused it to vibrate like a b*tch. Worth checking or narrowing down where the vibration is coming from
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:27 AM

Re vibration. My evo is casing me pain. as i accelerate up to 5-6 rpm the entire engine vibrates so violently that it cause my ac pipe to break. the sound is coming from the engine room. but cant pin point the exact location. i recently change the timing belt. the car runs fine when driving at lower rpms.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:31 AM

I have a horrible vibration as well. Mine comes from one of my two external wastegates hitting my firewall! It is so annoying! Makes daily driving irratable!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Big Lex
Re vibration. My evo is casing me pain. as i accelerate up to 5-6 rpm the entire engine vibrates so violently that it cause my ac pipe to break. the sound is coming from the engine room. but cant pin point the exact location. i recently change the timing belt. the car runs fine when driving at lower rpms.
Well this thread was brought back from the dead. Lex- Did you align the balance shafts when you did the timing belt job? Your description sounds like this step may have been missed.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 06:06 AM

Yes they were aligned perfectly. all marks were lining up.

Quick Reply: Please help heavy vibrate on accelerate