Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

VTA Stalling Fix...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by me612
yup here u can see a picture of the GM MAF placed just before the TB Elbow. Ramchargers is the one who came up with the "MAF TRANSLATOR" to make a gm maf work on my car, i don't know if they are making one for the evo or not. But since the MAF is reading exactly what is going into the intake manifold, u can vent without any problems.
So the MAF translator is some sort of electonic piece that alters the signal? Since I'm not sure how it works this may be way off, but would it be possible to change the settings in it for the evo if nothing else through trial and error? Cause I've got a camaro collecting dust over the winter that I could yank the maf from. Any thoughts anyone?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by rizalhoo

HKS S-AFR comes with BOV Correction. To have it tune and install is a pain since cost More than the unit itself, unless u know how to tune it and install itself,itd be a different story.
does anyone know anymore about this? and why would installing it and tuning it cost more than the unit itself? you just need a data logger cuz it doens't have a graphical interface right?

does anyone know if the hks bov with recirc kit has stalling or surging problems at low rpms?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't quite remember what wires we hooked up for the GM Maf conversion. I think it was the rpm signal wire off of the ECU and then we tapped into the wires for the Maf plug itself. The install was very easy. The hard part was finding someone who made the right sized reducer couplings that were 2.5" i.d. for the intercooler piping and 3.5" i.d. for the maf. RRE now makes them.

I emailed Ramchargers to see if they will offer a translater for the Evo. I will see what they say.

Last edited by bpclements; Jan 4, 2004 at 01:30 AM.