Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help with clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:37 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oO Evolution Oo
Oh really? Nice. Yeah let me know how you like it. I'm kind of wanting to get the Competition Clutch I posted on the link above along with the Competition forged ultra lightweight steel flywheel. Are the Competition clutches universal? Like work with the MR, SE, RS, etc.? And does anybody suggest any brand of clutch line? Thanks.

Good place to get the clutch line IMO:

http://www.maperformance.com/stm-low..._lowerevo.html

I would recommend that you do some more research before you go with an ultra liteweight flywheel. I'm not saying that it's not what you want/need but I do believe that lighter isn't always better when it comes to flywheels for the EVo.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah thanks i'll probably just go with that clutch line. Yeah i'm having a hard time picking a flywheel. The Competition ultra light seems okay but I read a post earlier that was talking about Fidanza being a really good flywheel and differences between getting aluminum vs steel.

Originally Posted by drb
Good place to get the clutch line IMO:

http://www.maperformance.com/stm-low..._lowerevo.html

I would recommend that you do some more research before you go with an ultra liteweight flywheel. I'm not saying that it's not what you want/need but I do believe that lighter isn't always better when it comes to flywheels for the EVo.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

act with stock flywheel you good
Old Dec 9, 2011, 07:28 PM

Alright it looks like i'll be getting the Competition HD Street Disc clutch kit that drb posted a few posts back. It sounds like they suggest just using it with the stock flywheel which is fine with me but I don't feel like spending $470 for it. Is there one cheaper anywhere for my 6 spd? i've looked at a few websites but they all seem around the $470-477 price.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:05 AM
drb
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oO Evolution Oo
Alright it looks like i'll be getting the Competition HD Street Disc clutch kit that drb posted a few posts back. It sounds like they suggest just using it with the stock flywheel which is fine with me but I don't feel like spending $470 for it. Is there one cheaper anywhere for my 6 spd? i've looked at a few websites but they all seem around the $470-477 price.
Why not just get your stock OEM flywheel resurfaced at a local machine shop (usually about $50 to $75)?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:13 PM

Yeah i'm looking into that today.

Originally Posted by drb
Why not just get your stock OEM flywheel resurfaced at a local machine shop (usually about $50 to $75)?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
drb
Evolving Member

Don't know the seller but he has good feedback:

Stainless steel braided clutch line $15 shipped (not sure of the brand but it works just fine)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-part-out.html
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:02 PM

Ordered the clutch line and clutch today. Going to get my flywheel resurfaced. I'll keep you guys updated on how good the clutch is. Thanks for all the help.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:33 PM

Okay so I got the clutch and the clutch line installed, and had the flywheel resurfaced. i'm having to learn to shift all over again because it;s such a big difference from the oem. The pedal is slightly stiffer and the clutch engages a lot faster. I'm going to do the 500 mile break in but I have a question. Today the car started making like a pop sound (just one) once in a while when I turn slightly or take my foot off of the clutch pedal after starting to go. The sound is around the front driver side tire so I was wondering if its just because of the new upgraded clutch?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.