Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Carrier bearing stud help!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrier bearing stud help!

Long story short a complete front to rear drive train upgrade was performed and within 1500 miles of break in noticed clunking that led me to find out the lower half of one rubber bushing for the front drive shaft carrier bearing had sheared the bottom half away. No big deal just slapped some washers in until the urethane arrives.

Once I swapped out the bushing car felt fine for another few hundred miles when the clunking came back. So I inspect the studs and found one to still be loose, went to tighten it and the nut kept free spinning. By the fourth turn the stud snapped at the carriers bracket. NOW does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? I pulled back the carpet and found no entry way to the stud directly above it like the floor is two layers. Before I go all ape with a grinder and welder I wanted to get some opinions. As for they cant even find the p/n for the stud in the fiche... every shop I know turns me to a body shop.... every body shop I know says to find a custom fab shop.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ol nascar driver friend helped me out... he wouldn't let me see or explain how he did it but did say it was one of those $500 5 day jobs that can be done for $5 in 5 mins. WTF?!?!?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Could jack your car up and snap a few pictures.