Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manifold Differences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manifold Differences

I've been wondering which version of the Magnus SMIM I have for over 2 years and I got some pics of the velocity stacks to see if anyone would know the difference. I read about the 1st version being a flop and making less power than the stock manifold and the 2nd version making some decent numbers.

The 1st pic is of the type of manifold I have.
Attached Thumbnails Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manifold Differences-magnus-1.jpg   Magnus Sheet Metal Intake Manifold Differences-magnus-2.jpg  
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its not just the velocity stacks that change n depict what manifold you have its the overall plenum size/shape it looks like just the normal street manifold
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by domestickillaAR
its not just the velocity stacks that change n depict what manifold you have its the overall plenum size/shape it looks like just the normal street manifold
On the first run of the Magnus SMIM the velocity stacks weren't blended into the plenum either. Looks to be as you said, later version street SMIM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm positive there's no major differences in the 2 versions of the manifolds I have pictured, just the velocity stack design.

On the first run of the Magnus SMIM the velocity stacks weren't blended into the plenum either. Looks to be as you said, later version street SMIM.

Thanks for the good news. My next major mod will be an upgrade to a V5 when I'm ready.