Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

slave cylinder or clutch???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slave cylinder or clutch???

What's up I have the act hdss clutch in my 9 I was just wondering if any experienced noise when the clutch is engaged and disengaging even when the car is off can a slave cylinder make noise as well. It makes a noise like a old spring
Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an act xtss and no noise whatsoever.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You mean when pressing the clutch down and lifting your foot off right? Only at those times and not when the clutch is sunk. I get it too, not the clutch that's for sure.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIIIAj
You mean when pressing the clutch down and lifting your foot off right? Only at those times and not when the clutch is sunk. I get it too, not the clutch that's for sure.

Yea when I press the pedal down and let it go it sounds like and old spring maybe the slave is screwed up
Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So ur saying when the car is off (over looked that before) and u press the clutch and release it's making funny noises? Can u have someone listen and pinpoint where it's coming from?

Last edited by gpfury86; Apr 4, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 08:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
its normal to hear a screetching sound when the car is off and you pump the clutch.. its the sound of the hydraulic fluid flowing through the lines..

unless its really really loud, its normal.

id be concerned once you start grinding gears / getting locked out.. then your slave could be in question or your lines may have a leak causing loss of pressure flow.

same goes for clutch master cylinder as well .. the rod thats connected directly to the clutch pedal.. when that takes a dump you will also get locked out and grind gears.

if none of the above happens just drive the car..

you'll also notice less clutch pedal pressure if you have a leak or one of the 2 items need maintenance.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

I had a similar problem with my exedy tripple it was disengaging all the way causing me to grind 3rd I had the floater plates checked they are flat and the clutch has barely any miles on it could it be my slave cylinder going up not getting the full extension of the arm. When the car is on when you press the clutch in you can hear the clutch chatter but I still don't know if it is the clutch or Trans. Since then I have sent my Trans to Shep to have a complete rebuild.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

I have the noise on an Exedy Twin Disc. Operation seems normal, except for that sound. But EVOs are known noise monster; therefore I've gotten quite use to it.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
its normal to hear a screetching sound when the car is off and you pump the clutch.. its the sound of the hydraulic fluid flowing through the lines..

unless its really really loud, its normal.

id be concerned once you start grinding gears / getting locked out.. then your slave could be in question or your lines may have a leak causing loss of pressure flow.

same goes for clutch master cylinder as well .. the rod thats connected directly to the clutch pedal.. when that takes a dump you will also get locked out and grind gears.

if none of the above happens just drive the car..

you'll also notice less clutch pedal pressure if you have a leak or one of the 2 items need maintenance.
^this
Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by evo1008
Yea when I press the pedal down and let it go it sounds like and old spring maybe the slave is screwed up
Check the spring on the clutch pedal mine does it when that spring is dirty

Spring is under dash don't gotta remove anything to see it