Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bucking?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucking?

I am trying to understand exactly what my car is doing here. Im not sure if its considered bucking but it consistently seems to happen after going into WOT, and then letting off the accelerator pedal. I took two quick videos at WOT, and then letting off completely (while staying in the same gear, no clutch applied)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZWg-GSka_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7lJ9YYluM

One of the videos, the video cuts out for some reason, but the sound is better. They both give an idea of what i am talking about. Now during this time, if i were to let out and then go back into a partial throttle situation, the car will definitely jerk forward and back. Ive learned to just drive accordingly to not let the bucking happen in the first place. Is this normal, and should i learn to live with it? or is it possible that it can be tuned out/ fixed with new plugs or a COP system?

I tried a searches for bucking/jerking, but they mostly seem to be about bucking that occurs AT WOT. Mine is directly afterward, and feels like the weight of the car shifting back and forth. Also im not sure if "bucking" is the term i should be using to describe what is happening.

Specs of the car:
2004 Evo 8
28k miles
3inch exhaust
LICP
Walbro 255
AEM Cone intake filter
Hallman pro MBC

Any help is greatly appreciated, and i apologize if this has been answered somewhere else in the forums. I couldn't find anything that applied to what i was experiencing. Im going to start by checking the plugs to see if they are possible fouled, just in case.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I was experiencing a similar situation when at WOT and I was hitting boost cut/fuel cut. It was happening when it was pretty cold out, and consequently I was hitting higher-than-normal boost.

If it is happening AFTER going WOT and letting off, I would suspect it has something to do with your recirculation valve/MAF/air-fuel mixture... something along those lines.
Old May 9, 2014, 09:37 PM

And answers to this one? Have the same issue but though it my be a blown engine or diff mount but I've changed them all and it hasn't helped.