Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aftermarket Forged Pistons and Connecting Rods

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Forged Pistons and Connecting Rods

hey guys:
How do aftermarket forged pistons make more power all else being equal (even connecting rods)?? I read that some pistons make more horsepower.

And if this is so which are the best for the Evo? How much are they?

And as far as connecting rods? They can just withstand more horsepower right not increase it right of the bat? Only if they are lighter like titanium connecting rods do they increase horsepower right just because of less rotational mass?

Are titanium connecting rods good, if they are lighter and just as strong as other forged connecting rods they should make the engine rev faster and make better power right?

I'm mostly interested on how those pistons produce better power.

Oh and also once you decide to change the stock internals of the engine, you could lower the compression also right and that would let you rum more boost but lose some low end right? I remember Frank from South Florida Performance talking about this. But the compression is so low on the EVO anyways (8.8:1) that I wouldn't like to lower much more.
Also David said once that he recommends just boring the engine just a little to make it a true 2.0L engine instead of 1995cc or what ever it is. I'm I right on it being a little less that 2.0L? How much would this cost?

Thats it, jeje
Omar
Thank you People