Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Magnus Motorsports Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2004, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnus Motorsports Intake Manifold

Can the Magnus Motorsport Intake manifold be intalled to the Evolution engine? http://www.automotosports.com/dsm_intake_2g.asp

If what can we expect from it horsepower-wise different from the BJ Intake manifold?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 02:11 AM

If you check the Magnus Motorsports website they make one for the evo, not sure about how much it will help though. www.magnusmotorsports.com
Old Feb 22, 2004, 03:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just realize that you pay Magnus shipping, and then you get an additional bill for the import duty, and all the handling charges associated with getting it acrost the border. Ended up costing me over $100 more than the price listed on the Magnus web site.

Keith

PS: Getting it installed at the end of this week, I will let you know how it goes then!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 04:16 PM

Thanks Fourdoor:
Damn sucks you had to lay down an extra 100 dollars! Does we also have to pay this for the BJ Manifold?
But I would still like to go with the best performing one.
Omar
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

It is a great manifold and yes they do make one for the EVO. As Keith said, make sure you know about the customs/duties and what not. It's almost cheaper to just fed ex air it in and give it a value of $100. It gets here faster and total charge is less than $80.
Old Feb 25, 2004, 05:34 AM
Former Sponsor

hmmm.. I just realized that I want that Magnus Intake Manifold
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is being installed at Buschur Racing as I type this. From what they are telling me it is a real pain in the *** to install! You will defenitly NOT be emissions legal with this item, it does away with EGR and things like that. Also, they are totally reworking the upper IC pipe for fitment, and the coolant lines to the throttle body will no longer reach. At this point they are doing away with the coolant lines, and with spring on the way that isn't too bad... but before next winter rools around I will see about getting some longer cooleant lines and restoring them to the system.

Later,

Keith
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, let us know what the results are! Good luck
What are your current mods? Are you running a different turbo?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVOlunchbox
Nice, let us know what the results are! Good luck
What are your current mods? Are you running a different turbo?
When the full install is complete I will have what I call "Buschur Racing stage 4.5" I have all of Buschur Racing stage 4 but I have HKS 272 cams instead of the 264's, adjustable cam gears, and the sheet metal intake manifold. Oh, and the AEM EMS option with all the sensors for speed density instead of the MAS

Keith
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, you've got a very nice setup my freind. Following in you footsteps. Slowly but surely.

Last edited by stvbreal; Feb 27, 2004 at 08:59 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually the water lines are already hooked back up. This is far from a bolt on intake though. Marcos did a nice job on it, don't get me wrong. It could be made differently though to make things a lot easier. Something we are going to have to look into.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:54 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Could you please post pictures when it's installed? Thx.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by davidbuschur
Actually the water lines are already hooked back up. This is far from a bolt on intake though. Marcos did a nice job on it, don't get me wrong. It could be made differently though to make things a lot easier. Something we are going to have to look into.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Yeah, Marcos did mention that the upper IC pipe would need to be modified and I discussed that with Dan... I didn't realize how much other stuff would need to be dealt with though!

Glad to hear you were able to work with the water lines to the throttle body, in a cold climate it is a pain in the *** to not have those hooked up. Thanks

The post after yours asked for pics of the install, and from my perspective, if you guys have a digital camera at the shop feel free to take pics and post them up. If not I will take some when I pick up the car and post them when I get back to Indiana.

Thanks,

Keith
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:00 AM

Your setup is going to rock! Get some dyno charts and pictures!
Old Feb 28, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by metaphysical
Your setup is going to rock! Get some dyno charts and pictures!
Tym is going to road tune the EMS on Monday, it is too much of a pain in the *** to convert to FWD for tuning and dyno sheets... so dyno sheets will have to wait a while. I will be heading back up this way as soon as the manifolds are ready for the turbo upgrades, and I will try and get some before and after dyno plots over at Godspeed before doing the turbo swap

Keith

PS: There is a dyno dynamics dynometer in St Louise... I may hit that up between now and the end of March when I make my next trip up to Michigan/Ohio area.