Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Custome turbo kit for my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Custome turbo kit for my EVO

Will 2 years ago i turbo charged my S2000 i did the hole job, my brother and i. it was not hard as a kit since i know how to weld it was hard on the fuel system and the ECU because the S2000 had some pain in the *** ECU. anyways it worked and i did alot of hp with no damage to the engine i will post a pic letter on today. so i was thinking today about putting a bigger turbo on my EVO and rasing the boost to like 25 to 26 psi. i know the engine can handle it (let me know if i am wrong) but our stock turbos dont and thats why i am going with bigger turbo. now i know how to weld and i have a welder and i can buy some steel pipes and flenges here and LA and just custome the hole thing but i need to know first will 4g63 Eclipse turbo manifold will fit our engine perfectly (just insted me welding the hole thing i will buy it new) or it wont, if it wont i will desighn my manifold and buy a flange for the downpipe as well. Any turbo recomandation guys??? what about fuel managment so i wont run lean any ideas like injector size fule pump and fule regulaters??? what about ECU??? what should i do here i have A-VCR and V-AFC on my S2000 should i get these. please help as i am serious i can start doing the hole thing in couple of month and my EVO like 350 WHP by like $1500 to 2000 let me know.

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2004, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will not fit. you can make that power on the stock turbo if you wanted. The V-AFC is for hondas, you could get an S-AFC. But this whole thing you're trying to do sounds like a bad idea. Just keep that turbo, it's pretty damn nice for a stock turbo. It will support a bit of power. You spent all this money on this car, and now you're going to ghetto up your own lil kit? I dunno man, sounds risky to me.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

The manifold will bolt up but just puts the turbo facing the wrong way. Sounds like if you want to upgrade your turbo I would spend a little more and put on a kit that bolts up. You don't want that kind of hassle, there are a lot of reasonably priced kits out there. IMO-
Old Feb 24, 2004, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Custome turbo kit for my EVO

Originally posted by Az3ar
Will 2 years ago i turbo charged my S2000 i did the hole job, my brother and i. it was not hard as a kit since i know how to weld it was hard on the fuel system and the ECU because the S2000 had some pain in the *** ECU. anyways it worked and i did alot of hp with no damage to the engine i will post a pic letter on today. so i was thinking today about putting a bigger turbo on my EVO and rasing the boost to like 25 to 26 psi. i know the engine can handle it (let me know if i am wrong) but our stock turbos dont and thats why i am going with bigger turbo. now i know how to weld and i have a welder and i can buy some steel pipes and flenges here and LA and just custome the hole thing but i need to know first will 4g63 Eclipse turbo manifold will fit our engine perfectly (just insted me welding the hole thing i will buy it new) or it wont, if it wont i will desighn my manifold and buy a flange for the downpipe as well. Any turbo recomandation guys??? what about fuel managment so i wont run lean any ideas like injector size fule pump and fule regulaters??? what about ECU??? what should i do here i have A-VCR and V-AFC on my S2000 should i get these. please help as i am serious i can start doing the hole thing in couple of month and my EVO like 350 WHP by like $1500 to 2000 let me know.

Thanks
I got 310whp with just a 3" UR exhaust with test pipe, hallman mbc, bushcur filter and DYNOFLASH.

I should hit 350 without upgrading the turbo easily with cams, injectors, and fuel pump. I do not plan on upgrading the turbo at all. keep the stocker for now. and 1500 to 2000 seems kinda low. just a full turbo back exhaust will cost upwards of 1000$$. and if wanna increase flow into the engine you are going to have to increase flow out.

just my 0.02$
Old Feb 24, 2004, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

It sounds to me like you've got to get a handle on what your performance goals are before you start cutting tube and welding. As others have said, the formula for attaining 340-360whp has been fairly well established and can be done for less than $3000.

If I had your ambition and time I'd start my project by building my own custom exhaust, hard piping, intake and intercooler solution. Then I'd either use an S-AFC or ECU flash to tune.

If you want to go further than that there are many turbo/manifold kits already out on the market that will save you a lifetime's worth of heartache & pain.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

when you say that 350 is easy to make on stock turbo i will say yes but not all over the power band plus you are pusshing it here. we all know that our turbos fail to do any highr boost than 22 psi or 23 maybe. but if i get a bigger turbo i can boost highr change the downpipe and exhaust and get around 400whp easy. now from this pics you guys can see how good i am. its not one of these kits that they put on Lancer OZ, it a nice *** turbo kit. the reason it will cost me around $2000 is beacuse the turbo will be around $500, wastegate aboyt $300 S-AFC and boost controler about $700 and i get real good iron steal pipes for free. by the way all these turbo kits that we see on the web inclding greedy cost them less than $2000 and we get it for over than $4000 for the same exact parts if not even less quality. you guys are talking to a pro here so dont worry.
Attached Thumbnails Custome turbo kit for my EVO-102-0208_img.jpg  
Old Feb 24, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Attached Thumbnails Custome turbo kit for my EVO-102-0210_img.jpg  
Old Feb 24, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Nice work! Although I'm pretty sure the Evo won't survive long on 25-26psi with the stock head studs. Not too sure about the rest of the internals.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

how about this one
Attached Thumbnails Custome turbo kit for my EVO-102-0212_img.jpg  
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

wow nice setup

you have any outside pics?

i like the way you used the wrx intercooler

sorry for being off topic
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Custome turbo kit for my EVO

Thanks
umm, espeakea de english?

not trying to be an ***, but damn.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

will you are making fun of my english, its ok. By the way i can write much better than that but i wont when i am posting a quick post . but i was wondering do you speak 3 languages like i do.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

will you are making fun of my english, its ok. By the way i can write much better than that but i wont when i am posting a quick post . but i was wondering do you speak 3 languages like i do.
he he he, tout chea (sp?). i was just messin around. 90% of my friends are asian or russian so im used to it. but i can speak about 3 languages. english, french and partial korean.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

THEN WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO MAKE FUN OF YOUR HALF KOREAN
Old Feb 24, 2004, 08:32 PM
Account Disabled

Az3ar, don't mind him... He's from Kentucky. j/k
It's hard to tell from the pics, but did you use t-bolt clamps on the IC piping? Ever crack the exhaust manifold. Those tubes supporting the weight of the turbo subject it to a lot of stress with the motor vibration.

Quick Reply: Custome turbo kit for my EVO