Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stutter/missing at WOT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jhurley_EvoVIII
daaaaaaamn!!!! thats not fun. update us on what happens. sorry for the bad news man!
The update is its up for sale for 13k. I'm done. Last 2 yrs has been the most miserable time I've ever had with a car. Thanks again
Old Jul 21, 2015, 07:33 PM

Hey guys. I know I'm bringing this back from the dead lol but I wanted to update everyone. After how ever long it's been, I've finally gotten to the bottom of it.
1: 2 holes in my licp caused from my motor mount and rad support. Not sure how but it happened
2: coil packs fried
3: wire from ecu to coil packs burned/shorted behind the motor (leads into prob #4)
4: fried ecu port for firing coil packs. Was sending 5.4v thru my trigger wire as opposing to grounding it.

After getting a new ecu, new coil system, running an overlay, getting my licp aluminum welded, fmic brackets made and secured, and getting retuned, all is well! Put down 530whp again! Appreciate everyone's help and time and thanks for bearing with me thru my fristration! Lol reason I love this forum/community! 👍👍
The following users liked this post:
Tommyfacekicker (May 13, 2017)
Old Jul 22, 2015, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bertVIII
Hey guys. I know I'm bringing this back from the dead lol but I wanted to update everyone. After how ever long it's been, I've finally gotten to the bottom of it.
1: 2 holes in my licp caused from my motor mount and rad support. Not sure how but it happened
2: coil packs fried
3: wire from ecu to coil packs burned/shorted behind the motor (leads into prob #4)
4: fried ecu port for firing coil packs. Was sending 5.4v thru my trigger wire as opposing to grounding it.

After getting a new ecu, new coil system, running an overlay, getting my licp aluminum welded, fmic brackets made and secured, and getting retuned, all is well! Put down 530whp again! Appreciate everyone's help and time and thanks for bearing with me thru my fristration! Lol reason I love this forum/community! 👍👍

damn thats a lot of issues that caused this... glad you got it all sorted and she's back up and running making lots of fun powah!
Old May 13, 2017, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

I'm having similar issues and I have to get mines sorted out soon too. I'm hoping mines is just a hole in my ic piping.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same Issue !

need help, having the same issue. Has anybody found the problem.
i got it tuned thinking that was it and seen it run normal but then the gauges drop and starts stuttering, like if I had a fuel cut and doesn’t accelerate nor do I get boost, HELP