Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust?
Buschur Turbo Back
65.97%
RMR Turboback with Random 3\" High Flow Cat
34.03%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

RMR or Buschur Turboback Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
RMR or Buschur Turboback Exhaust?

I'm considering either of these 3" systems with a 3" high flow cat (I would use the Random 3" cat in the RMR setup), but was wondering if anyone can contrast the two systems.

I believe the Buschur system may be a bit lighter, but I have heard there could be some potential issues with the way the system connects to the car. I plan on getting the dynoflash (along with other supporting mods), which seems to work real well with Bushur products.The RMR setup above may be a bit more expensive, but I would pay more if the performance/reliability, etc. equation is better.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure how each of the downpipes mount up. That should be a big deciding factor - how easily they mount around the tie bars.

I've heard some Bushur TB exhausts - they send to be VERY loud.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man you should of read the EXHAUST THREAD, this exhausts topics it's been covered to death, anyway I like the way rmr sounds
Old Mar 16, 2004, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

I read "The Exhaust Thread", but I don't remember a real side by side comparison of these two exhausts.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

The Br exhaust will be louder. I have it and a friend has the rmr and my exhaust is a lot louder the his. Also I don't have a cat on the car the may be why it is so loud.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Bushur Turboback with high flow cat and at idle you can't tell it's not stock but when you open it up it is loud. It did open up my top end a lot though. I can really feel it pull.

Also I did have an issue with rattle at first (there's just not a lot of space down there), but Bushur customer service rocks. Dave was willing to go to any extreme to fix it. Fortunately I was able to adjust it myself.

Never seen or heard the RMR, but they have a good Rep.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Scooter
I have the Bushur Turboback with high flow cat and at idle you can't tell it's not stock but when you open it up it is loud. It did open up my top end a lot though. I can really feel it pull.

Also I did have an issue with rattle at first (there's just not a lot of space down there), but Bushur customer service rocks. Dave was willing to go to any extreme to fix it. Fortunately I was able to adjust it myself.

Never seen or heard the RMR, but they have a good Rep.

Hope this helps
Can you still hear the stock BOV from 3,000 to 5,000 RPM or is it droned out by the exhaust note?
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by revhappy

Can you still hear the stock BOV from 3,000 to 5,000 RPM or is it droned out by the exhaust note?
I can barely hear the Stock BOV as it is but my wife says she acually hears the turbo spooling much better than before. I'm asumin she means louder.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 02:09 PM

BR turbo-back =D
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Note also that Buschur does offer different muffler options on their turbobacks. I got mine with a Magnaflow muffler and its not bad(loud) at all compared to my Buschur Dynomax muffler on my GSX
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

I forgot to mention that. I ordered mine with the Magnaflow also due to noise concerns. I like to keep the neighbors from knowing I'm even here.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

i have the RMR turboback with the perrin pipe which is loud as you know.but with the stock cat its a whole different story,its not as loud plus RMR has a resonator on it to kill off some of the sound.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I went with the Buschur Catback with the Magnaflow muffler. I was going back and forth with the BR muffler and the Magnaflow, but decided to play it safe and avoid harrassment by the local police. I will be purchasing the 3" downpipe and High Flow cat soon.

Last edited by revhappy; Mar 18, 2004 at 09:14 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Ya i have the RMR 3inch turboback.. Its really quiet with the stockcat.. but once you put in a test pipe that thing gets loud and it resonates like a tiger in my closet
Old Mar 23, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

The BR turbo with CAT is not that loud to me. Without the CAT it sounds like a race car, I loved the sound but wanted to be legal.

Quick Reply: RMR or Buschur Turboback Exhaust?