Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Help! Wastegate question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help! Wastegate question

Hey guys I dont know if this is in the right section and if its not please admin could you move it.

so I had installed a downpipe into my car its the MAP o2 housing delete with a recirculated wastegate... my question is i need to hook up my air lines but i dont know how to hook them in sink with the wastegate actuator on the stock turbo please if you could chime in i would really appreciate it thank you !!!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So, this is the MAP O2 housing eliminator D.P. with the recirculated dump option? Your turbo retains the stock MHI wastegate actuator correct? That is you you didn' t get a dump fitted with a remote/external aftermarket gate? Or did you?

I just noticed from your modlist that you upgraded to an ATP 3076 turbo. But, I am still not clear on what wastegate is on there. I thinks that the ATP turbo is fitted with a integral("internal") gate with an excruciatingly bent and angled actuator rod that is not a straight shot, axially right?

But, I still don't understand what question that you are asking. If all you do is change the DP and eliminate the O2 housing while retaining the stock integral wastegate configuration....then you don't need to touch or change the routing on the boost/vacuum hoses. Or, maybe I am missing something.

Last edited by sparky; Nov 16, 2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Sparky thanks for the reply the dp is not for my car its for my little brother but i have figured it out ... basically i keep the wastegate actuator flap open and hook the air hose to the wastegate from the dp to the turbo.. if that makes any sense
Old Nov 17, 2015, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

You lost me again. There is no air hose sourced from the DP. There is a factory boost pressure source on the j-pipe(aka compressor discharge tube).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Maybe OP is talking about boost activated cut out ?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Lol ok let me try to explain .... I had installed the map dp with a waste gate recuculated on the dp.. So essentially there are now two waste gates on the car one being a tial and the other an actuator ... My question was what line do I have to disconnect or what lines did i need to help the wastegate sync together to run properly .... But I had figured out that I disconnect the air line from the actuator and keep the butterfly flap stuck open ... Then Hooked that air line to the tial wastegate .... Hopefully I explained it a little better this time around
Old Nov 20, 2015, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

If I am understanding this dual WG arrangement correctly, the internal gate and the Tial gate are arranged in series. Thus, the external gate doesn't actually "see" the bypass flow until after it has passed through the turbo's internal gate.

First off, you need to disable the internal gate. Wire, or weld the flapper valve open.

Last edited by sparky; Nov 21, 2015 at 08:05 PM.