Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

DYNO TIME! Anything Else I need to do??

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DYNO TIME! Anything Else I need to do??

Hi All
I have resurrected a very sad Evo 5 and it is going on the dyno next week.

The biggest items I've done is to get it running properly (previous owner had NO clue what they were doing). But apart from that I wanted a street car which would be a hoot to drive on the road without breaking speed limits (too much) and still be reliable.

- stock engine
- 255lph fuel pump, hard wired to battery in the boot, brand new fuel filter!
- 1000cc injectors - flow matched, brand new, bosch ev14 or something great, but stock FPR and fuel rail. (fuel pressure gauge will be used on the dyno)
- COP system using denso coils, spoolin up harness, new plugs to go in after base dyno run is done.
- TME turbo, upgraded internal gate actuator (very low preload so it only builds 10psi), fresh rebuild and balance (10.5t hotside 16g comp) but stock manifold because of too many issues with cracking aftermarket junk pieces.
- Aftermarket recirculated BOV to HKS RS intake, pod filter, boost leak tested to 100psi
- Larger front mount intercooler (only because stock one was leaking) larger charge piping
- 2.75in front pipe to 3in cat back exhaust (couldn't find a 3" front pipe :/)
- EBC (HDi Dual Stage, 3 port solenoid).
- Apexi Power FC with FC Datalogit (picked up the PowerFC cheap). I know remaps are popular and the stock ECU is powerful, but more tuners in my area who will work with a PowerFC.
- Clutch rebuilt by the best in town to hold more power than a ralliart twinplate I was considering on rebuilding.

At the moment, running a base map on the powerFC scaled for the injectors, pulled 4 deg of timing and will be using that to get to the dyno.

Anything I've missed??? I don't want to turn up to my tuning session and be missing something!!

Am looking for a nice 300hp at the wheels. Even with the stock injectors on the stock untuned ecu, it was seeing 10psi under 3k rpm which was great response. I think the stock engine will be holding me back? Along with the stock frame TME turbo which my tuner says he usually doesn't push stock evo turbos past 20psi. Will be tuning on 98 RON no watermeth injection (thats on the cards later perhaps).

I went big on fuel and ignition even with modest power goals.