Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP cast o2 housing downpipe options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
FP cast o2 housing downpipe options

Just got an FP black kit with the cast o2 housing, and of course my downpipe is too small to fit it. I hear this is a common occurrence, do we have a list or an idea of what downpipes fit without welding the fp flange on them? My last resort will be the STM fp downpipe, simply because it will put me further in the hole and I will have an unusable $200 chunk of cast. I couldn't find much on the topic but I did read that Buschur downpipes may be a direct fit. Any info on the topic would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Just take the car to an exhaust shop and have the flange welded on. Its pretty easy to do. Will probably take them 30 minutes to an hour, tops.

Also, the buschur dp for sure does not fit. I had to weld the FP flange onto one.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
i sawed the flange off mine and welded on the one that fp included with the o2 housing. recommend doing what post 2 says.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the heads up on the BR downpipe. I honestly just don't want to hack up a dp for this, so tonight were taking the invidia off my buddies 9, if that doesn't fit I might just spend the money on an STM FP o2 eliminator downpipe
Old Feb 7, 2017, 07:39 AM
EvoM Guru

You don't want to hack up a DP, but you're willing to spend an extra $650ish? That makes no sense lol. Especially since you'll be lucky to get $150 for a used DP.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not worried about the downpipe, what I meant by hack was literally, I don't want a hackjob. The only exhaust shops anywhere near me are a bunch of good ol boys, and I don't trust Billy Bob and Earl under my car with torches and welders
Old Feb 7, 2017, 08:24 AM
EvoM Guru

LOL, now I see what you mean...haha. Yeah, you're definitely not going to get any nice TIG welds out of your typical muffler shop.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Well I tested out an eBay downpipe, Invidia, Buschur, and one I'm not sure on. Varying size openings oddly enough, 1 fit without the gasket but none fit correctly. So I sold the FP cast housing, very quickly surprisingly, then found a great deal on a brand new STM o2 eliminator downpipe for FP turbos from a part out, so I have that and a Buschur catback on the way. Upgrading from the eBay catback that came on it
Old Feb 10, 2017, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was the main reason why I backed off my fp red hopes lol. To spend that much cash and still have an issue. None the less there turbos do make mad power. So fp71hta is calling my name.
I am glad you found a solution and stood with it as for me I wimped out haha.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NotThisFool
This was the main reason why I backed off my fp red hopes lol. To spend that much cash and still have an issue. None the less there turbos do make mad power. So fp71hta is calling my name.
I am glad you found a solution and stood with it as for me I wimped out haha.
Honestly it was a very tough experience. First, it took 3 months to get my turbo kit. I'm not a patient person, but I didn't bug them about it, and finally I get the email that it was on the way. I could hardly stay at work knowing my turbo was at home. I get home, unwrap it, the turbo looks beautiful. I unbox everything, and the oil feed line isn't in the box. I'm a little disappointed now, but I email FP and let them know, but since it's 6 on a Friday they won't get it until Monday. So I start assembly, then find out the o2 housing doesn't fit in the downpipe flange. At this point I was honestly almost ready to sell everything and just tune my car on the 20G. Then after I put my parts up for sale and made more than enough to buy the STM downpipe I was back to being ready to get this thing together.

So yeah I know what you mean, I was pretty close to giving up on it but I'm glad I didnt.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 01:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im having the same exact problem! They also took three months to ship mine lol. But I don't believe my kit came with a flange? Has anyone figured out a downpipe that will fit?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lonniee23
Im having the same exact problem! They also took three months to ship mine lol. But I don't believe my kit came with a flange? Has anyone figured out a downpipe that will fit?
So either the average build time for an FP black is 3 months or our turbos happened to be in the same batch. If you wanted the flange you had to order it with your kit, I think it was like another $40. As much as I wanted to use the FP o2 housing for a bolt on installation, the STM downpipe for SS housings is the only thing guaranteed to fit at this point.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
Just got an FP black kit with the cast o2 housing, and of course my downpipe is too small to fit it. I hear this is a common occurrence, do we have a list or an idea of what downpipes fit without welding the fp flange on them? My last resort will be the STM fp downpipe, simply because it will put me further in the hole and I will have an unusable $200 chunk of cast. I couldn't find much on the topic but I did read that Buschur downpipes may be a direct fit. Any info on the topic would be greatly appreciated
I still haven't gotten mine and they said all
the blacks,reds,greens were built on batches. Hopefully I'll see mine soon
Old Feb 18, 2017, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bradens
I still haven't gotten mine and they said all
the blacks,reds,greens were built on batches. Hopefully I'll see mine soon
When did you order yours? I believe the batch order thing, it sucks but it makes sense for them to do that. It took mine 3 months, and a buddy got his in 2. Just depends on if you were unlucky enough to be the person who starts the batch order or not
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by 740 Turbo Brick
When did you order yours? I believe the batch order thing, it sucks but it makes sense for them to do that. It took mine 3 months, and a buddy got his in 2. Just depends on if you were unlucky enough to be the person who starts the batch order or not
I ordered mine at the end of November during the Black Friday deal. I'm really not that worried about it right now since I won't install it until my motors pulled and built. My friend did get his green in though and im
impressed by the quality of his.

Quick Reply: FP cast o2 housing downpipe options