Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fp green on stock block Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Fp green on stock block Evo 8

Alright guys so i知 current looking at an FP Green turbo to put on my stock block evo 8.
My main concern is how well my internals will hold?
My evo is currently at the shop for some body work, i知 asking the guy to go ahead and install it there while it would be easier, but he refuses unless I get internal work done as well to the fear of my internals being pushed too much.
This guy has a tooonn of evo build experience. Pretty much restored my engine and tranny.
But to the research I have done, everyonr says as long as i keep it below 400 tq it will hold. I even called the tune shop that i will be taking it to for a tune if i did the work myself and they said it would be fine as well (Central Florida Turbo).
Only internal work I have done is bearings, head gasket, and a bigger wall to piston clearance.
Supporting mods: sheepy built ic, percesion 1200 cc injectors, wahlboro fp, bigger intercooler piping, exhaust, injen intake, Greddy BOV.
I did have an Evo 9 turbo but blew a seal. Which is why im looking at another turbo.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
there is plenty of info out there. please use the "search" button. google it. anything. the green is not something new.

https://www.google.com is your friend
Old Sep 23, 2017, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Womb Raider
Alright guys so i知 current looking at an FP Green turbo to put on my stock block evo 8.
My main concern is how well my internals will hold?
My evo is currently at the shop for some body work, i知 asking the guy to go ahead and install it there while it would be easier, but he refuses unless I get internal work done as well to the fear of my internals being pushed too much.
This guy has a tooonn of evo build experience. Pretty much restored my engine and tranny.
But to the research I have done, everyonr says as long as i keep it below 400 tq it will hold. I even called the tune shop that i will be taking it to for a tune if i did the work myself and they said it would be fine as well (Central Florida Turbo).
Only internal work I have done is bearings, head gasket, and a bigger wall to piston clearance.
Supporting mods: sheepy built ic, percesion 1200 cc injectors, wahlboro fp, bigger intercooler piping, exhaust, injen intake, Greddy BOV.
I did have an Evo 9 turbo but blew a seal. Which is why im looking at another turbo.
Originally Posted by Bhsj13
there is plenty of info out there. please use the "search" button. google it. anything. the green is not something new.

https://www.google.com is your friend
Yes i am aware, and I have looked it up on google. I知 trying to hear people what people have to say.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:20 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Looks like you answered your own question.

FWIW, I kept mine at 350wtq. The block held up perfectly, as you can imagine. Supporting mods have nothing to do with limitation of the short block.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never was a fan of CFT when I lived in Orlando.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Madboost
Never was a fan of CFT when I lived in Orlando.
What are some good shops in that area? I heard cft was good. Im from Tampa so i was going to make the drive just because the rep
Old Sep 23, 2017, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
Looks like you answered your own question.

FWIW, I kept mine at 350wtq. The block held up perfectly, as you can imagine. Supporting mods have nothing to do with limitation of the short block.
Okay thats good to hear. Idk why the guy the shop keeps telling me this. Maybe to make some extra cash?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 03:10 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Okay thats good to hear. Idk why the guy the shop keeps telling me this. Maybe to make some extra cash?
Well.. they don't make money NOT building cars.

Everyone has opinions and theories. He may legitimately feel you should have a built motor. IMO, you need one to take FULL advantage of a green. But it's definitely not a necessity.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
Well.. they don't make money NOT building cars.

Everyone has opinions and theories. He may legitimately feel you should have a built motor. IMO, you need one to take FULL advantage of a green. But it's definitely not a necessity.
I plan to eventually, just not now.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You should have CFT install the turbo if you can't yourself, not a bodyshop. I didn't have any issue with CFT.