Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Silicone intake induction?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silicone intake induction?

How will a silicone intake induction pipe benefit my car over the factory one and do they mess with the MAF?

Old Dec 6, 2017, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I ran a silicone intake like the one pictured because it was bigger than the stock intake, never had MAF or drivability issues. I'm now running a different silicone intake that I bought from Forced Performance to fit a bigger turbo. No issues there, either. If you're still using the same stock MAF and stock MAF housing that fits the intake, I'm not sure how you would encounter any airflow metering issues?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by butte
I ran a silicone intake like the one pictured because it was bigger than the stock intake, never had MAF or drivability issues. I'm now running a different silicone intake that I bought from Forced Performance to fit a bigger turbo. No issues there, either. If you're still using the same stock MAF and stock MAF housing that fits the intake, I'm not sure how you would encounter any airflow metering issues?
Was just wondering. What difference did the silicone intake make?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I added the intake along with some other mods at the same time, so I'm not sure how much I gained with the intake alone. The BOV was a little louder and seemed to have a different noise. Worth mentioning that I don't use the stock airbox.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
If it's not the OEM setup which is what the stock MAF settings expect and the ECU is still expecting it to be then yes it will mess with the MAF. Whether it messes with it enough to cause drivablity issues is another story. The main advantage it does have is theoretical longevity over the OEM piece. I'm still on my original OEM piece after 13+ years.....