Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Trying to figure out a problem. Please help !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trying to figure out a problem. Please help !

Hey guys ! Im trying to figure out whats going out with my evo 8.
So the thing is after i hit peak boost, throught any gears, about 30 seconds after the car starts to lean out and shuts off, by that i mean after im done doing the pull and i start cruising normally. Through the high boost pulls, it could be, gear 2,3,4(it doesn't matter) it runs fine, the AFR's seems to be all good, it doesnt run lean at all, but after i stop running the car in high boost, maybe 30 seconds after, it start to run lean on the AFR and shuts off, if i turn the ignition off and start it again it runs for about 30 seconds and shuts off again. I have to wait about 15 minutes until i can drive the car again so it doesn't shut off. Im running a dual pumper with an AEM series 1 with a built motor and a tune done not long time ago. Im guessing that the dual pumper needs to be rebuild.
I read the article about the return line needing to be drilled out(i have the same problem of it running like its running low while theres still quarter of a tank left. Im not sure what could cause this lean out after hitting boost, specially if the AFR is in normal range while its in boost. Please help and thank you !

Last edited by 1nf3rn0; Aug 27, 2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 06:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 153 Likes on 116 Posts
Dirty fuel filter? Pull the hanger and check it. It is in the white plastic above the pump and cannot be changed without buying the whole hanger.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
install a fuel pressure gauge on the rail... and then you will know if fuel pressure is the issue.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 05:18 PM

Thank you guys im planing on doing a fuel pressure check monday, hopefully that will clear things up
Old Sep 2, 2018, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Dirty fuel filter? Pull the hanger and check it. It is in the white plastic above the pump and cannot be changed without buying the whole hanger.
How will i know if its dirty, can you tell visually, ?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
not really.

you can blow through it... if its hard to blow through it, its clogged.