Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Lobing Idle help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lobing Idle help

So.... let’s start with the car... 05 8, stock turbo, tune, deleted cat, no muffler just resenator, bov, manual boost controller.

I’ve been looking and came up with no forums that follow through with the cause and what fixed it.

i recently had it at the body shop for body work and a respray. They overtightened the gas cap but it still closes, and both battery terminals were just sitting on the post really loosely. The day I got it back I got home and it started lobing like it has cams. No ses. Turned off and restarted it went away. Every once in a while it would do it but not always, mainly after long cruises or a couple visits to 22 psi. Got it retuned, no knocks. Of course it wouldn’t do it while a laptop was plugged in. Fast forward 2 weeks to today. I put fuel system cleaner in and changed the pcv. The old one seemed like it was just starting to leak. Went for a drive to get the cleaner through the lines into the motor. Started lobing again, this time to stay. 15.2-15.5 afr during lobe, 12-14 vac on the gauge. Let it sit for 5 minutes idling and the lobing stopped and it surged around 1k rpm 1-200 rpm. Got in and drove again, starting lobing at idle again. Minimal power loss driving, very slight. Ordered a egr blockoff, plan on replacing the iac.

Am I headed in the right direction? No ses light so I’m shooting in the dark and have no idea of anything else to check.
Attached Files