Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP cast manifold, coated bits, next mods

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New FP cast manifold, coated bits, next mods

Ok it’s not really new but I haven’t ran one yet lol. Just got the FP cast mani back from CB and dropped it off at Performance Coatings for a coat along with the dump and heat shield for looks. Going black this time around instead of gray ice or whatever it was called. Painted coatings like this usually last me a few years depending on how much antifreeze gets spilled on them hot lol. The turbo hot side is currently at CB, and I’ll probably just do a turbo blanket on it.

Next on the list is a 3.5” test pipe-back exhaust, turbo freshen from FP, moving the fpr to firewall for easier flex fuel sensor install and to remove a 180* in fuel line, and MAYBE some ER R2 cams. Then hopefully Aaron cranks the boost

Old Jan 4, 2019, 03:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
That looks really nice!

It would be interesting to see what the back pressure reading is on that setup. Before after the Exhaust change. The 02 dump will help but at a point the turbine wheel can be a limiting factor.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Ok it’s not really new but I haven’t ran one yet lol. Just got the FP cast mani back from CB and dropped it off at Performance Coatings for a coat along with the dump and heat shield for looks. Going black this time around instead of gray ice or whatever it was called. Painted coatings like this usually last me a few years depending on how much antifreeze gets spilled on them hot lol. The turbo hot side is currently at CB, and I’ll probably just do a turbo blanket on it.

Next on the list is a 3.5” test pipe-back exhaust, turbo freshen from FP, moving the fpr to firewall for easier flex fuel sensor install and to remove a 180* in fuel line, and MAYBE some ER R2 cams. Then hopefully Aaron cranks the boost

very nice! Just wondering about your manifold. Did you get it ported? Fp has porting as an option and wondering if its a good thing to port a manifold thats already designed to flow better than stock.