Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Misfire on Cylinder 1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Misfire on Cylinder 1

Hey guys, I have a Evo 8 with a misfire all the time on cylinder number 1. Yes I have swapped Injectors. Yes i have swapped coils, this is a bigger issue than just something basic. i have a code P0201 Injector 1 fault. Most people after doing hours of research go right for the injector resistor pack. MINE IS DELETED as i run FIC 2150 injectors. I am 100% positive that Cylinder 1 is getting fuel. the plug is wet when I pull it it after running the car for a minute. I also sent the injectors out to get flow tested and cleaned and they came back all good. I have pulled the plugs out and checked for spark on the exhaust manifold and I DO have spark on cylinder #1. I even went ahead and did a Compression test on all Cylinders and #1 was at 200psi #2 was at 200psi #3 was at 200psi and #4 was at 200psi. I have even went as far as changing the crank position sensor and swapping cam sensor with a buddy of mine. I also have swapped my ECU into his car and it runs very well on his car. I am quite confused on where to go next. any help would be very much appreciated.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 03:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You need to check your wiring harness. You may have an intermittent short to ground on the #1 Injector circuit and it's holding the Injector open. Which would also cause a code.

There could be an issue inside the resistor pack delete too. Make sure all the wires on full in both plugs and none of the joined wires are cut.
The following users liked this post:
Justin Keith (Jun 29, 2019)
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:34 PM

I will check that tomorrow and take some pictures. It seems to just be a plug in clip. I will also check the wiring for injector number 1.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:13 PM

I believe you are right. I found that when cranking while using a test light injector one is not pulsing, the light is staying on on the test light. Going to trace back that wire and see if I can find where that short is happening.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:54 PM
EvoM Guru

There ya go.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 07:24 AM

Issue found. kinda feel stupid on this one. When I went to go check for pulse I had a wire diagram up. I had noticed that what I had though was the connector for the injectors was actually not. Swapped the wires around and fired right up. Just need to change the oil due to all the fuel that was getting dumped into cylinder 1. Stupid mistake on my part. appropriate the help!!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

What did you plug it into?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:22 PM

It was as far as i know the a hot start sensor, just to the left of the MAP sensor on the stock intake manifold.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 06:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Justin Keith
It was as far as i know the a hot start sensor, just to the left of the MAP sensor on the stock intake manifold.
That's the fuel pressure solenoid, not hot start sensor. You should delete that anyways. All it does is bump fuel pressure for start up, it's not needed.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:51 AM

Yeah that is what my tuner said, I deleted it yesterday. Car runs great just need my tuner to dial in this new PTE 6266 and it will be ready to rip. I appreciate your help too!