Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Airtrek 4G63 Tuning Info

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2004, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Airtrek 4G63 Tuning Info

Master of Street Tunings, I have a few questions to ask based on the Airtrek Turbo R specs.

1. What is the maximum boost pressure (BAR) allowed on stock engine without any fuel management modifications only K&N drop in filter and Free flow exhaust w/o Cat?
2. Would it make any difference in power and torque if I were to change the stock computer to aftermarket pre tuned computer like Ralliart or JUN? If so how much bhp would it gain based on the above specs?
3. How would you recommend modifying this engine for a start to improve power and torque? (someone mentioned HKS Hybrid Turbo kit and Bigger Intercooler kit)
4. Is the turbo used in the Airtrek Turbo R the same as used in the Evo VII GTA?

I thank you for your expertise. Chill'
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.i think 1.45bar is ok for airtrek,cos airtrek turbine is smallest in evo familly.i thinks is ok! 2.if u want upgrade for computer better u change the reprogram ecu like,e-manage .the pre tuned computer not suite to any car.b4 that my friend also change that tomei ecu,after that the car feel bad than b4.if u want to buy ,pls try to install and test fist. 3.my airtrek install the gta turbine fans ,feel so good.after install my dyno resault is 275hp on engine.so u can try it. 4.yes ,its can install