Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Which exhaust should I get?
RS-R EXmag GT-2 exhaust
42.86%
RMR stainless steel exhaust
57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

RS-R or RMR?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RS-R or RMR?

I need people's opinions on the pros and cons of the RS-R EXmag, and the RMR exhaust. I'm having trouble deciding between the two. I know the RMR is all stainless steel, and I know the RS-R is straighter, but I'm not sure if it would be as durable as the stainless steel RMR exhaust. Opinions please?
Old May 9, 2004, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Please vote only if you have experience with these two systems.
Old May 10, 2004, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

I mean either one of them.
Old May 10, 2004, 12:24 PM

Get the RS-R GTII

Well I voted for RS-R because I have the cat back with an HKS downpipe. I installed the catback myself and was a piece of cake. You use all stock hangers and there are no surprises of missing parts or complicated procedures. The plus side is that it's hand made from the factories in Japan. You know how maticulous Japanese people are when it comes to details? Hands down RS-R has top notch craftsmanship. I suggest reading up on both exhaust and going from there. It's good that you narrowed it down to two. If RS-R had a Ti catback...I would have been all over that. To think about it...I should have gotten a Ti catback from HKS or something. Oh' well.......just remember.....get what you really want the first time around, this will save you the time and $$$, because if you just SETTLE for something you don't want...you're not going to be happy....and you're just going to end up buying what you wanted in the first place = more time and money spent. Just my .02
Old May 10, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

niether ... get RnR. www.rnrracing.com (Home of the 10.6 Evo 8)
Old May 10, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Hey MonstarEVO thanks for your opinion! I E-mailed RS-R about a titanium version of the GT2 and they said they would have one out early to mid 2004, that was in November. And I want that one too.
Old May 10, 2004, 01:29 PM

That's not a hard choice, RS-R they are a top company in Japan that has good name and great parts that are hand made. They just haven't done lots of marketing in the states but RS-R is right there with HKS, Apexi, JUN etc.
they also use springs for the fitmet of exhaust so it also has the ability to flex which is alot better then a flex systems. It also comes with a silencer. If you are interested in RS-R product let me know and what's the best price you can find and I will try and beat that price

here is are website www.horsepowerhouse.com
we are located in Lexington KY

If you have any other question about products fill free to email me back at
zaxxonquest@hotmail.com
Old May 12, 2004, 12:02 PM

I may be a lil biased, but If you like a quiet exhaust that fits great and makes power... go RMR!
Old May 12, 2004, 01:43 PM

Yes! RMRHuy is right!, the RMR exhaust will not be as loud as RS-R. RS-R will be like a Apexi or HKS sounding. The RS-R does come with silencer so you do have that option. We also have great deals on All RS-R products as well as other products. You guys and girls give me a couple of hours so I can post some prices!

Oh I will be testing out both RS-R springs street and Titanium springs on my Evo so will let you'll know next week. I talk to a guy in Japan that has the RS-R Titanium and he claims they are great for the track and not to harsh for the street but I want to test for myself since we are selling the product.

don't forget to check out are website www.horsepowerhouse.com

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2004, 04:44 PM

For all sell prices for RS-R products and other Evo parts email us back at
These prices are low so don't wait!

Alex@horsepowerhouse.com
Old May 13, 2004, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

heheh kinda subtle there buddy

i vote rmr,not too loud and not too fancy.i got the turboback on my evo and i like it a lot except the dp is kinda low but they do recommend using the rmr brace.

hey rmrhuv i emailed you guys a couple of weeks ago regarding the db certification of the exhaust and i havent received it yet.you think you can look into that.thx
Old May 14, 2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
heheh kinda subtle there buddy

i vote rmr,not too loud and not too fancy.i got the turboback on my evo and i like it a lot except the dp is kinda low but they do recommend using the rmr brace.

hey rmrhuv i emailed you guys a couple of weeks ago regarding the db certification of the exhaust and i havent received it yet.you think you can look into that.thx
Here's a pdf file of the information:

http://www.rmrproducts.com/images/pdf/RMREV012_Test.pdf

Hope that helps.
Old May 14, 2004, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

i was hoping more that it came from you guys since the bottom part does need a signature.because if i just print it,it might look like i just copied it.
Old May 14, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

I have RS-R catback and downpipe, and i absolutely love it. I get compliments on the sound all of the time. I highly recommend it to anyone.
Old May 14, 2004, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
i was hoping more that it came from you guys since the bottom part does need a signature.because if i just print it,it might look like i just copied it.
OK, please email me your shipping address and i'll send you one.

huy@rmrproducts.com

Quick Reply: RS-R or RMR?