Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

power mods

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power mods

hey people,

got some questions:

i got the following mods...

exhaust,dp, intake,bov,ebc,tt,and street tuning w/ dynoflash. ok im lusting for more power

i was thinking of getting either apexi power fc, or those buschur stage 2 - maf pipe kit and upper ic pipe kit, or going for 264/272 cams and a set of camgears (do the cams and camgears need to be tune again when installed to get max power out of it???)

i dont really think power fc is good idea yet for my mods though...let me know what u think. thanks people

oh yeah, i not planning to go beyond 350whp though...ill be happy to make like 330-340whp and im planning to keep my stock turbo

oh yeah imma get myself a high flow cat and fuel pump in coups of days
Old May 13, 2004, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i tihnk ur turbo will do aroudn 375 to the wheels i know my old 16g would do around 380 to the wheels but the exhaust turbine was different... the evo may need a less restrictive single scroll turbine housing ...

Either way do a full turbo back exhaust, full intake w/ pipe, IC, IC piping, ECU mapping, boost controller, and BOV. If thats still not enough and you don't want to change out the turbo, then add an O2 housing and play with the timing, possible add a fuel pup, FPR and injectors depending on what ur tuning looks like...I tihnk the stock fuel system might be able to handle all that that turbo can dish out but i'm not sure...

Last change out the turbine housing on the stock turbo to a EVO VI i ithnk with the 10.8 vs our 9.8 Last but not least cams and cam gears!!!

Theres alot you can do but a goal of 350whp isn't asking too much so the stock turbo should work well for you.