EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Power falls off bad around 720 HP (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/577630-power-falls-off-bad-around-720-hp.html)

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 11:23 AM

Power falls off bad around 720 HP

So I have a fully built Evo that has a problem and I would like some input into the problem and see if we can squeeze more power out of her.

List of my mods:
2.3 Stroker 9:5 CR
Buschur Stage III head
3794HTA Twin scroll with a 1.00 housing
ETS 4" IC
3 LICP
3" UICP
Kelford 280 cams
Forge MBC
Tial BOV
AEM EMS
Boomba TB
Spark Tech
E85
Magnus V5 ( dual rail. FIC 1550 primaries and 1850 secondaries) Don't bother asking why I have this.

The power climbs all the way to 8000 rpm and boost holds at like 35 lbs but then falls flat on it's face.

We think that it's possible that the Kelford 280's are done and that's what is making it fall flat on it's face. The car does lag a bit but that is of no concern right now. We want to solve the power problems.

I do live in Colorado so the altitude should be considered as a factor.

Let me know everyone's thoughts.

thepoint4life23 Oct 4, 2011 11:26 AM

Maybe bigger cams.

mt057 Oct 4, 2011 11:28 AM

Any pics of the Dyno graph? What ecu are you running?

GreenAWD Oct 4, 2011 11:28 AM

I would say cams for sure, strokers LOVE big cams. The other issue is the fact your running a storker so power WILL fall off unfortunately.

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 11:31 AM

It's possible and we need to narorw things down more before I get my 4th pair of cams.

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 11:32 AM

Sorry I am running AEM Version 1. I knew I was forgetitng something.

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 11:33 AM

I will try and get a graph and load it up when I get home tonight.

06evol Oct 4, 2011 12:03 PM

time for bigger cams!

rodent Oct 4, 2011 12:12 PM

What wastegates and size are you running Josh? Which spring in each?

Have you checked for boost leaks above 30psi?

meckert Oct 4, 2011 12:18 PM

So what kind of Pump for fuel delivery? Nothing is mentioned.

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 01:01 PM

Buschur DP with larger feed and return lines. I think they are -8 feed -10 return. (I think)

Shawn,

The wastegates are good to go. We went through them twice with the 4088 and made sure it was the correct springs and that nothing was being pinched (gasket).

Oh and I have an ETS 3.5 Exhaust so there is no restrictions there.

ETS Michael Oct 4, 2011 01:08 PM

Damn Josh :( It's one thing after another with this car. Seems like the car should always make more power then it does.

Is this on Tobz Dyno? and 5000 ft?

I think the best guy to ask on a setup like this would be Aaron @ English Racing. He has had a very similar setup. Also post up a dyno graph.

Joshs EVO Oct 4, 2011 01:47 PM

LOL ya I know. It such a money pit. I was gonna email you as these are the cams I got from you. Hear of any defects with the early versions of the Kelfords?

ETS Michael Oct 4, 2011 01:52 PM

Nope, but there are lots of things that can happen to a CAM depending on the install. They can flatten, etc. But we would really need to see a graph to see what's going on. Does boost just fall as well?

TwStDeVo Oct 4, 2011 01:53 PM

honestly man, i think its the twinscroll set up. all the cars with singlescroll kits made crazy power and held all the way. id be willing to bet that if you swapped to singlescroll it would solve your issue.