Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Aftermarket Security system

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
i've got a steal shield Ultra XR. Auto Start, Turbo Timer (even though i have an hks type 1 now), 3000FT range... 150 bucks... installed myself... loving the alarm... awaiting for my window roll up/down modules and trunk silinoid (sp?).
Old Oct 1, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adamhw
can you use the remote starter with the manual transmission?
I have a CompuStar SS that has all the cool stuff. The remote start is set up so if I let the TT run, when I close the door with the engine running it will set the remote start. If you open any door, hood, or trunk after the engine shuts down, it won't let you start it with remote. The alarm doesn't trust that you have not put in in gear while in the car. Great safety feature. Another cool feature it has, if you leave your key in the car and set the alarm, even if you are sitting in the car when you set it, the key will not start the car only set off the alarm.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

The thing is about any alarm system is that it just gives you more of a piece of mind about the security of our cars. If someone really wants your car, they will take it no matter how much you spend on the alarm system. One thing also about those paging alarms systems. Do you really want to confront those as*holes that is trying to steal/vandalize your car? You have to remember that those people that are stealing/vandalizing cars has no respect for anything so they won't have a second thought about injuring you or even worst, killing you. My life if more important that my car.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

They got to get past my SIG first to get to me
Old Oct 1, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

I love my Sig to lol P229 in .357 & 40 S&W. wicked beast, hope I never have to use it.

Shane
Old Oct 1, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

personally, i would never confront anyone who was trying to steal my car. the things i really like about the pager are:

1) when the turbo timer shuts off, it lets me know

2) if i think "gee, i wonder if i remembered to set the alarm", it'll tell me right on the screen

3) if i do hear a car alarm going off, i can just grab my keys to see if it's mine or not. that way i don't have to go all the way outside to see.

Originally Posted by ex-honda
The thing is about any alarm system is that it just gives you more of a piece of mind about the security of our cars. If someone really wants your car, they will take it no matter how much you spend on the alarm system. One thing also about those paging alarms systems. Do you really want to confront those as*holes that is trying to steal/vandalize your car? You have to remember that those people that are stealing/vandalizing cars has no respect for anything so they won't have a second thought about injuring you or even worst, killing you. My life if more important that my car.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

SIG's are awesome, Accurate, reliable and fun to shoot. I got a p232....Little stainless model. Or as I like to say "Austin Powers" gun. Its good and concealable
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Okay all you "Dirty Harrys", you have to realize to that if you do use this form of force on the culprit and he survives, he can sue you. People are so "sue" happy. Isn't our Judicial system great. I tell you a story of what happened to me and what I did. I parked my Evo at a mall. After doing my business, I was heading back to my car and noticed a dude trying to pick my door. I played it out like it wasnt my car and offered to help him. When that SOB turned around, I zapped him with my 40,000 volt pocket tazer on the back of his neck and dropped to the floor in no seconds flat. Then I kicked him in the face and zapped him again and he started going into convulsions. So I pushed him aside and drove off. He must have some mental problems now.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ex-honda
Okay all you "Dirty Harrys", you have to realize to that if you do use this form of force on the culprit and he survives, he can sue you. People are so "sue" happy. Isn't our Judicial system great. I tell you a story of what happened to me and what I did. I parked my Evo at a mall. After doing my business, I was heading back to my car and noticed a dude trying to pick my door. I played it out like it wasnt my car and offered to help him. When that SOB turned around, I zapped him with my 40,000 volt pocket tazer on the back of his neck and dropped to the floor in no seconds flat. Then I kicked him in the face and zapped him again and he started going into convulsions. So I pushed him aside and drove off. He must have some mental problems now.
HAHAHAHA got to get me one of those tazers, hehehehe i would be laughing so hard after i zap the dude.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

sniff sniff......did the bull just fart or did he go the whole way???
Old Oct 9, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Why don't any of these alarm companies make a reliable, safe neutral stick position sensor? They would sell like crazy.

I like my M11 on government loan (SIG228)
Old Oct 9, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

hehe....im waiting for my mate in Iraq to bring me back an AK47