Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII , mtv , f&f2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2002, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im actually thinking about puting my evo for sale when the movie comes out.if i could make money on it ill do it
Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

What about a bold black vinyl decal for the rear bumper:
"I AM NOT A 'FAST AND THE FURIOUS 2' EXTRA"

Just a thought
Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KK
I'm not concerned with reputation or image, I'm concerned with becoming a prime target for cops. With street racing becoming such a heated topic, cops are going to start looking at our cars more often, spotting little things here and there. I'd hate getting a fix-it ticket every other week.

Mark
Ditto!
Old Dec 14, 2002, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Celm
i think the EVO 7`s on F&F2 are fakies.cause look at the picture.the rear bumpers are held on by some home made brackes.and you see a rear dif but no driveshaft
It's been covered and they are real Evos. Euro-spec models brought in from Spain. As for FF in general, it's a disease. Best scene in the movie: SR20DET's into Civics. Classless. It's taking a sub-culture and trying to force it into the mainstream without properly weeding out the poorest aspects of that culture. Shame.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by KK
I'm not concerned with reputation or image, I'm concerned with becoming a prime target for cops. With street racing becoming such a heated topic, cops are going to start looking at our cars more often, spotting little things here and there. I'd hate getting a fix-it ticket every other week.

Mark
Heh, I can imagine it now... That exhaust you have there is illegal... umm, those headlights are too bright... umm, your rear wing is too high... etc etc etc...
Old Dec 15, 2002, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Tickets are just for generating revenue anyway. You could take the ticket and your owners manual into court, show them that it's all from the factory that way, and they'd dismiss the ticket. Of course, in Kansas City, you still have to pay the court cost (which I believe is something like $60!) and take a morning or afternoon out of your life to do so.

I'll just run from the cops for a while. Figure if you're going to get a ticket, you'd better at least deserve it!

(just kidding by the way! running is a good way to get into REAL trouble!)
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

well...since i started this i finally thought of one good point to the whole thing...now maybe more companys will be makeing more parts for us lancer owners
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure APC will have a full Lancer line, now.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Nooo!!!say it aint so...
and don't be saying things like that...a APC employee might be reading this and get some idea on how to give himself a raise
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

apc..heh. i remember just learning about them from pepboys. about a week later i found every single car with a apc banner. the saturns, old civics, neons. everything. i really hope no one does that to a lancer
Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cleofis
apc..heh. i remember just learning about them from pepboys. about a week later i found every single car with a apc banner. the saturns, old civics, neons. everything. i really hope no one does that to a lancer
give it time... there is always one idiot that ruins a car...
the worst I have seen: there is a red Ferrari F355 Spyder in Minneapolis with a drop kit, massively ugly wheels, blinking lights at the corners, lightup windshield washer thingies, etc etc. and it wasn't done as a joke, the guy is a complete tool...
Old Dec 15, 2002, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ew...worst I've seen was a new Z car with chrome SUV style dubs. As for FF again, the most glaring notion I have about it is the absolute disregard for technical accuracy. Like the RX-7 with a cam shaft and the RS Eclipse running enough nitrous to choke a big rig.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

damn...you'd think that if he had enough money to have that car he would at least want to show it correctly...or at least have enough money to buy himself a clue
Old Dec 15, 2002, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Money doesn't always lead to good taste.. it's usually the opposite, actually. Watch Cribs for further proof.

Got some bad news for you boys... seems that APC is a major sponsor this time around, so, expect some product placement with that...

Damn you Paul, now I have to consult the tape to see the cam in the RX7. Good thing there is the "Montague Mix"... all the acting scenes deleted, only the action scenes...
Old Dec 15, 2002, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it's true but the most glaring thing is the "blowing the welds on the intake" after the first race. Awful. Hopefully they hired some technical writers this time about. I really do think that having correct tech info would really lend to the credibility of the film. That and no more obnoxious vinyl.

Quick Reply: Evo VII , mtv , f&f2