Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII , mtv , f&f2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo VII , mtv , f&f2

well...if it hasn't been posted allready(i lookedbut didnt seeit)when i woke this morning and fliped onto mtv they had their mtv movie short deal about Fast and the Furious 2.and it's offical...the lead car that our fav streetraceing cop drives is a evo 7.it was shone on mtv(yep...that funky green one we've seen posted)and it camestraisgt fromthe actors mouth that he will be driveing the evo 7 all through out the movie...well...that's not when he is engaged in a race with jet-skis
Old Dec 13, 2002, 06:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Say a prayer for the Evo's reputation.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 06:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prayer said and will be repeated everyday.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was reading "Car" magazine in their article where they try to pick the world's best sports car. Among Porsches, Ferraris and super exotics like Zagondis Pagodas or whatever was an EVO 7 FQ300. Finally, I thought, a review of a Evolution that wouldn't start out with the traditional bashing of the USDM Lancer because of the magazine's European origin. And you know what? Half the reveiw (which wasn't a full review, but a comparo style summary) was trashing the car over its "Playstation" popularity. Then they picked it apart because it felt cheap next to some of its 250K+ competitors. However, it did end up 5th overall (ahead of the Sti I might add) The review still pissed me off. Who cares about reputation. Magazine people will always put some sort of spin on whatever it is they're writing about and Mitsubishi always seems to get the short end of the stick. The numbers don't lie. I don't care what movie its in or what the articles are about. I drive my cars to suit me.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 10:53 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

This really sucks. Now everyone in an Evo is going to be labeled as "Fast and the Furious" by local police, car enthusiasts, etc just because of this movie. We'll just have to counteract this in every way possible. Maybe we should make special evom decals that say anti-TFNTF.

Mark
Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds good to me, I'd sport one.

Like lettering that reads "TF&TF" with a big red circle slash through it.

[EDIT]: That reminds me, I gotta get a pic of my evolutionm.net windshield banner up on here.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by KK
This really sucks. Now everyone in an Evo is going to be labeled as "Fast and the Furious" by local police, car enthusiasts, etc just because of this movie. We'll just have to counteract this in every way possible. Maybe we should make special evom decals that say anti-TFNTF.

Mark
The end of your message doesn't sound bad at all.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 12:37 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you dont want attention you should get the A64 option
Old Dec 13, 2002, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Hey GpTourer! In the same car magazine, did u read the other Evo 7 article? The one about the German cops pulling over the writer/editor for thinking the wing on the Evo was not factory?
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KK

Mark
I just sold my Red RX7 R1 - and that movied sucked for my car. I am just thankful that I didn't own a orange MKIV
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Evolution Racer
Hey GpTourer! In the same car magazine, did u read the other Evo 7 article? The one about the German cops pulling over the writer/editor for thinking the wing on the Evo was not factory?
No I missed that, I only thumbed through the mag to comparo. Man that must suck. I had heard the laws in Europe over customizing cars was pretty draconian in some areas, but I didn't realize it was that bad.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

damn just what i need.... to be harrased by cops... theres so many cops in my city.. they're everywhere... aghhhhhhhh
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, the writer of the article had to break out the manual and show the cop pics to convince him that his spoiler wasn't aftermarket. I somehow get this feeling we'll have to do that with people around here as well, since what car company would sell a car with THAT big of a spoiler, and Altezzas, direct from the factory?!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

damn dude..that really sucks. i wasn't even thinking about that when i saw those spy pics, but now it's totally different. why? why lord, why?
Old Dec 13, 2002, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Ever since I heard about the Evo being the lead car in F&F2 I wanted to come up with some sort of "born-on" dating for my car, and all Lancers alike. The last thing I want is to be bunched into the same group with all those ricers that are gonna have
E V O L U T I O N on the back of their kitted lancers, or even better, the civics with evo kits....

"Please don't hate. This Lancer was purchased and tuned before Fast and the Furious 2."

Quick Reply: Evo VII , mtv , f&f2